• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yndoendo
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

AMD please make a super powerful APU for XPS-15 like laptops
    Would like to replace my XP-13 9343 with a XPS-15 AMD APU version.

Leave a comment:

• Holograph
    replied
    Any info out there about the 400 series chipsets? What will change? The CPUs are supposedly going to be 12nm which will probably add a few hundred MHz but I'm having trouble finding info about what has changed in the chipsets. Do we need to keep waiting to find out, or is anyone aware of such information out there now?

Leave a comment:

• CuriousTommy
    replied
    I was kind of hoping for at least a 6 core/8 thread APU...

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    That is all nice and dandy, but please AMD, can you ask your pals at Global Foundries to start making memory chips? The Samsung/Hynix cartel managed to elevate DDR4 prices so high that now 16GB of RAM costs the same as a Ryzen 7 here where I live.
    There's an ongoing ivestigation...
    The question persists: what took them so long?
    And a new question arises (for me, at least): with inflated GPU prices for over a year, when are the GPU manufacturers getting investigated?...

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Naib View Post
    Any information as to whether Zen2 will provide any silicon level support to help mitigate Spectre
    Just to clear a few things:
    Both Ryzen and Ryzen 2 are based on Zen.
    Ryzen 3 will be based on Zen 2.
    Bottom line: don't confuse Ryzen 2 with Zen 2.

Rzyen 2 will probably still have the Spectre BUG. But since it's a bug that relies on the hacker having physical access to the machine anyways... meh...

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I know nVidia has their Arm products like Tegra, but in order for them compete with Intel, wouldn't they have to use Intel processors? It seems like they would.
    Intel is also a player in the GPU market even though their current line-up lacks mid to high performance discrete graphics, but they have plans for that in the future, and I think in the early 2020's we will see Intel discrete GPU's take on Nvidia and AMD directly. They hired AMD's Raja Koduri to start up a new graphics division earlier this year. Nvidia has ~80% of that market right now if I'm not mistaken, so it might be in Intel's best interest to hurt Nvidia more than AMD.

Leave a comment:

• xxmitsu
    replied
    Is it just me, or it seems that for Vega Mobile Discrete, AMD will also benefit of Intel's EMIB instead of the expensive Inter-poser and TSV ?
    Last edited by xxmitsu; 08 January 2018, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• davidbepo
    replied
    im gonna buy r5 2400g for my upcoming desktop

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post

To compete with Nvidia's mid-range discrete mobile graphics obviously, which is in the interest of both AMD and Intel. Can't do that with a traditional APU, so this is their solution.
    I know nVidia has their Arm products like Tegra, but in order for them compete with Intel, wouldn't they have to use Intel processors? It seems like they would.

Leave a comment:

• CrystalCowboy
    replied
    "AMD has a working 7nm AMD product that is a GPU built for machine learning."
    Is it right to call it a "product" if it's not for sale yet? I would say they have a working device.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X