Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gripped
    replied
    Looks like my i7-3770K is going to have to do me quite a while longer. Now I find it's 'Broken by design' i'm not replacing it with with something else broken by design. Had been planning to get one of the current Ryzen chips when the newer ones came out soon but not anymore.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
    There's an ongoing ivestigation...
    The question persists: what took them so long?
    And a new question arises (for me, at least): with inflated GPU prices for over a year, when are the GPU manufacturers getting investigated?...
    Do you mean "GPU retailers" ? AFAIK we are not the ones hiking the prices.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    If they are mining cryptocurrencies like Ethereum or others that are still profitable... yeah sure. Not as much as before (when they were flat sold out), but still enough to make a difference in price.

But failing that we can always blame the Illuminati.
    GPU prices more or less got back to normal here in Brazil. But memory, boy, cost a arm and a leg. This remind me of the floods in Asia years ago, when one HDD factory stopped production for a few months and everybody and their mothers shoot prices through the roof. To this day you still cannot buy a HDD for the prices of yore.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    I rather like the small footnote to a free HDMI2.1 update for RX GPUs soon.

Leave a comment:

• vortex
    replied
    Originally posted by Naib View Post
    Any information as to whether Zen2 will provide any silicon level support to help mitigate Spectre
    It is *way* too late for that. These things take 12-16+ months to redo, depending on how complex the fix is.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Since there was no mention of a successor for the RX 500 GPUs, does that mean there won't be any this year?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    That seems to be the 'official' excuse... But after a year, do you believe miners are still buying GPUs?...
    If they are mining cryptocurrencies like Ethereum or others that are still profitable... yeah sure. Not as much as before (when they were flat sold out), but still enough to make a difference in price.

But failing that we can always blame the Illuminati.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_S
    replied

That seems to be the 'official' excuse... But after a year, do you believe miners are still buying GPUs?...
    If you believe the statistics at coinmarketcap dot com, the total market value of all currently active crypto currencies in the world is 750 billion dollars. Getting a piece of that pie is a pretty good reason to buy a GPU.

I'm not doing it. I figure the chance to get rich quick passed within a few months of Bitcoin and Ethereum getting the crazy hype in the press. But to be fair maybe there's gold on the ground if you just put in a few hours of research.

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied

Amateur to prosumer miners who live in their parents basements and don't have to foot the power bill. The heat from the GPU's alone keeps the basement warm at night.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Oversized, low information images? Excessive smilies? It must be a dungeon post!

Last edited by dungeon; 08 January 2018, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X