No announcement yet.

Systemd 236 Brings Support For LUKS2 Encrypted Partitions, New Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For people who don't like systemd Artix is nice (Arch Linux / OpenRC) - just do a pacman -Syu before running the installer.

Obviously Alpine Linux on servers / LXC / & it's the default flavor of Docker

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Jesus, search for it yourself if you are THAT interested. Or is it an attempt to take look at that link, find "something" and try to discredit me through it, since you could not pick on anything else I wrote? - It's a classic trick of a demagogue. Which is also typical to systemd threads.

In my opinion case with systemd is a ideologic or perhaps religious. So arguments and facts mean nothing to either side anyway. Either side is going to simply studiously ignore everything from opponents while trying to prove their God is the best. Stupid either way.
      So I should search for some unknown post that exists somewhere on the Internet? I'm not trying to find "something", I'm trying to find the actual post that you are talking about so that I can see for myself what it was that happened (I have no illusion what so ever that there are trollish or stupid pro-systemd people out there just so you know).

I'm not going to "pick on anything else" since #1 I know that I'm not going to convince you since you have already made up your mind and #2 that you don't use or like systemd is not something that I have a problem with what so ever.

Comment

He's obviously a guy who hates on systemd based on some trolls response in a forum thread somewhere on the internet, and also because of what he think systemd supposedly should fix. Typical ignorant myth clinging troll who isn't even a Linux user he says? GTFO with your ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

So I should search for some unknown post that exists somewhere on the Internet? I'm not trying to find "something", I'm trying to find the actual post that you are talking about so that I can see for myself what it was that happened (I have no illusion what so ever that there are trollish or stupid pro-systemd people out there just so you know).

I'm not going to "pick on anything else" since #1 I know that I'm not going to convince you since you have already made up your mind and #2 that you don't use or like systemd is not something that I have a problem with what so ever.
          I see you still found a way. You are continuously proving my point. Hyper-aggressive picking, no matter what. Grow up.

Originally posted by arokh View Post
          He's obviously a guy who hates on systemd based on some trolls response in a forum thread somewhere on the internet, and also because of what he think systemd supposedly should fix. Typical ignorant myth clinging troll who isn't even a Linux user he says? GTFO with your ignorance.
          I don't actually give a flying fuck about systemd. I don't even use OSes that have it, except for a OpenSUSE that somehow simply "clicks" with me. But with OpenSUSE I just go with GUI config, systemd and everything associated with it remains "invisible" for me. Generally I use some BSD (Free- or DragonFly) or plain Windows (7 or 10) that perfectly fill my needs.

What does annoy the fuck out of me, is righteousness, aggressiveness, labeling and demagogy that all raise their ugly heads in posts as soon as any thread with a word "systemd" in it appear in the forum. 9 out of 10 posts are aggressive "you are stupid idiot", "systemd sucks because.." instead of useful bits on information.

Comment

I see you still found a way. You are continuously proving my point. Hyper-aggressive picking, no matter what. Grow up.
            Que? How could you even find a single aggressive (and hyper at that!) sentence in my post? Did you read some one else:s post and decided to reply to mine because that is the only explanation that I can find at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

Que? How could you even find a single aggressive (and hyper at that!) sentence in my post? Did you read some one else:s post and decided to reply to mine because that is the only explanation that I can find at the moment.
              Since YOU kept quoting ME, for no apparent reason other than for the chance of picking on meaningless details itself.. I repeatedly told I am not interested of fucking flamewar - open random systemd thread and you are going to see identical shit. I even told I dont give a shit about systemd either way, I just get annoyed by endless bickering pro and against..

Somebody presents you arguments, you ignore ones you cannot refute - but the one(s) you can - you'd produce 5 pages worth of flamewar of.. I specifically gave NO details whatsoever - you could not accept even that - had to whine about it multiple times.
              Last edited by aht0; 22 December 2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Since YOU kept quoting ME, for no apparent reason other than for the chance of picking on meaningless details itself.. I repeatedly told I am not interested of fucking flamewar - open random systemd thread and you are going to see identical shit. I even told I dont give a shit about systemd either way, I just get annoyed by endless bickering pro and against..

Somebody presents you arguments, you ignore ones you cannot refute - but the one(s) you can - you'd produce 5 pages worth of flamewar of.. I specifically gave NO details whatsoever - you could not accept even that - had to whine about it multiple times.
                I quoted you because I was interested in reading the post that you referred to and thus wanted a link to it. How on earth can that bee seen as hyper aggressive? Not to mention that you now have replied three times to my request and still have not been able to produce a single link. I ask for a single link for your claim and all I get are accusations and insults. And no "random stranger at random place wrote something bad, you have to trust me on that and I will not produce any forms of proof ever" is not arguments.

Comment

It's public knowledge that systemd-threads tend go out of hand fast. In this light constant demands for 'proof' could indeed be classified as aggression.

Even in this thread it took only couple of posts to "misinformed troll"..
                  Last edited by aht0; 23 December 2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X