Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam To Stop Supporting Bitcoin Transactions

Phoronix: Steam To Stop Supporting Bitcoin Transactions

Valve has decided to stop supporting Bitcoin for settling transactions on Steam...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is worrying for me since it was the only anonymous/pseudonymous way to pay for games... (until they decide to support a different coin, which would be great)
    Last edited by tildearrow; 06 December 2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Don't know if this is good decision or bad but I believe they have reason for this.

Anyway in my country Bitcoin is now on "black list" created by KNF (financial supervision committee) and NBP (national bank) warning from Bitcoin - because they think, we can't and we shouldn't trust bitcoin.

Comment

The state of Bitcoin makes me nervous for the world markets. Fight me if you disagree!

Comment

Right-o! At the moment we're close to $10 for a transaction. That's just ridiculous for a currency which was meant to be a replacement for money.

Comment

First HB, now Valve. Not a good development. This reduces the value of Bitcoin as a currency. It's only as a good, as someone is willing to accept it as payment.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              At the moment we're close to $10 for a transaction.
              Wallet to wallet transactions shouldn't cost anything. Or do you mean energy consumption for mining?

Comment

Is there anybody who can explain me about ; what're they diggin?.

Is this legal , are they helping cracking some encrypted data or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Right-o! At the moment we're close to $10 for a transaction.
                  Care to explain?

From article:
                  This decision was due to the increased volatility of Bitcoin recently as well as increased transaction fees
                  By whom? By how much?

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                    Is there anybody who can explain me about ; what're they diggin?.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system

Comment

Working...
                    X