No announcement yet.

Windows 7 screens look like KDE 4!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that could be awesome, so people could go ahead and say Microsoft reinvented the wheel, ehr, I mean, the Cube...

Comment

And it'll be christened Windows Cube < ala Windows FLIP (TM) > and will need at least a GTX280/4870X2 to function with WDM2 enabled drivers :P :P

Comment

there are some concepts that are quite interesting in windows 7, like universal ribbon bars etc, but this isn't it.

It will really make my blood boil depending on how they will market it. If they claim worlds first etc regarding this shell, that will make me really mad.

The fact that the press seems to think this interface is quite good, pretty much validates kde4, right?

Comment

Yet most of (linux) press reviews of KDE 4.0 were negative.. This must be the market leader effect, whatever they do must be Good (tm).

I have to agree here, if someone posts a comment saying KDE4 had those already, the crowd would blow back saying it must have copied them off Windows

Comment

wait, is it because of the shiney clock?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro-tull View Post
              wait, is it because of the shiney clock?
              That's sarcasm, right?

The whole "Desktop" is almost a ripoff of a KDE desktop... Only thing missing actually is the desktop changer widget (in GNOME and XFCE is called "the pager", I don't know what's called in KDE).

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
                That's sarcasm, right?

The whole "Desktop" is almost a ripoff of a KDE desktop... Only thing missing actually is the desktop changer widget (in GNOME and XFCE is called "the pager", I don't know what's called in KDE).
                The only similarities I see is the huge task bar and the "start" menu is a square like in KDE. I haven't seen KDE4 but compared to 3 they're not that similar

Comment

Originally posted by Moustacha View Post
                  The only similarities I see is the huge task bar and the "start" menu is a square like in KDE. I haven't seen KDE4 but compared to 3 they're not that similar
                  I do not see much similarity either. Also, even if their would be a lot of similarities, I don't understand what's the deal here. Windows has a long track record of copying things out of other OS. It's something you should be used to right now. B.T.W. it's not like Mac OS or Linux don't.

Comment

well, i think whats interesting is that of anyone to copy from, they chose a linux desktop system as the source of their copying.

Comment

no, seriously, I don't see how it's a blatant rip-off of KDE4. At least not from that screenshot. And I've been using KDE4 since the 3.97 days.

Not that I'm trying to say the "new" desktop is completely original, mind you.

Comment

Working...
                      X