Quantum-ized Firefox 57 Ready For Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an amazing release!
    I can strongly recommend everyone to try it out!

Hopefully we can also see client-side decorations (CSD) and Wayland support soon.

Comment

They still haven't fixed the problem with the "Fullscreen" button added to the toolbar from the Menu -> Customize page, which I submitted through the browser's Menu -> Help -> Submit feedback... option early in the alpha stage.
      I really don't understand why did they bother to put a "Suibmit feedback" tool in the browser if no one is reading it.
      I don't have time now to search their site where is the official bug report and then spend who knows how much time to answer registrations questions, email validation, etc., until I can submit a proper bug report.
      I thought this tool was something similar to what Linux Mint is doing on their blog where you can write a comment without registering with your problem and they fix it if they can observe / reproduce it.
      Well, at least now, I don't have to waste my time anymore by using the browser's "Submit feedback..." tool.

Comment

Until ALL the extensions I use are known to be supported, I won't waste the bandwidth to download this. Until then I should probably roll back from FF56 to the ESR FF 52. By the time that is no longer supported the extensions should have caught up.

I require such features as the ability to use the canvas drawing API but return a random number if the site asks for a hash of the drawn image back(provided by canvasblocker.) Another poster says NoScript isn't ready yet. At least this isn't Chrome yet, where you get things (reportedly: I don't use Chrome) like the Google Store managing extensions and rejecting anything that can force-download videos posted to Youtube.

The inablity to use Canvasblocker would force me to run run all browsers in a VM pretending to be a default (except for remaining browser extensions) Linux Mint (or whatever distro is most popular) install on whatever computer was the highest selling model of the past year. I am not letting data-hungry ad and tracking networks enumerate my hardware, no matter what the price of not doing do.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
          The inablity to use Canvasblocker...
          That addons is super cool, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

That addons is super cool, thanks!
            Apparently 'Canvas Defender' https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ingerprinting/ is a suitable replacement.

Check out more alternatives in this comunity-maintained sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Sww/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
              And with this Firefox will lose half its loyal base. The extension debacle is a fiasco of the highest magnitude.
              Not me.
              All my extensions work at launch. (i don't use many)
              And i'm sure more are to come quickly due to being easier for devs, since it's the same API Chrome uses...
              So, even in the short term, i'm sure everything will sort itself out.

Comment

Until ALL the extensions I use are known to be supported, I won't waste the bandwidth to download this. Until then I should probably roll back from FF56 to the ESR FF 52. By the time that is no longer supported the extensions should have caught up.

I require such features as the ability to use the canvas drawing API but return a random number if the site asks for a hash of the drawn image back(provided by canvasblocker.) Another poster says NoScript isn't ready yet. At least this isn't Chrome yet, where you get things (reportedly: I don't use Chrome) like the Google Store managing extensions and rejecting anything that can force-download videos posted to Youtube.

The inablity to use Canvasblocker would force me to run run all browsers in a VM pretending to be a default (except for remaining browser extensions) Linux Mint (or whatever distro is most popular) install on whatever computer was the highest selling model of the past year. I am not letting data-hungry ad and tracking networks enumerate my hardware, no matter what the price of not doing do.

uBlock Origin and uMatrix (like NoScript, but better) work just fine, and that's good enough for me.

Comment

Another poster says NoScript isn't ready yet.
                  NoScript 10 was just released as a WebExtension.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    This is an amazing release!
                    I can strongly recommend everyone to try it out!

Hopefully we can also see client-side decorations (CSD) and Wayland support soon.
                    Wayland support would be really great... it is time that Mozilla progresses on Linux! The Wayland port is available, it should be merged so that we can start testing.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post

Apparently 'Canvas Defender' https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ingerprinting/ is a suitable replacement.

Check out more alternatives in this comunity-maintained sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Sww/edit#gid=0
                      Oh gosh... I was looking for "Canvas Blocker" and I installed "Canvas Defender"... /(*o*)\

Comment

Working...
                      X