No announcement yet.

Outreachy 2017 Participants Selected For Winter 2017 Open-Source Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok while you all foam at the mouth about this, am i the only one who finds the name "outreachy" positively hilarious for a thing like this? i cant help but picture weird sexual deviants giving each other reacharounds...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Outreachy is not fixing the causes for inequality, it is just creating opposite inequality, which is still bad.
      x2, discrimination is a boolean function. There is no various flavors or degrees or directions. Either you're doing it, or your not. Period. If you're doing it, whatever your motives may be, you are an asshole. So yes, all SJW's are assholes.
      Last edited by torsionbar28; 11 November 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        In before the assholes start whipping their white male privilege around and calling people SJW's and snowflakes.
        Well anyone who thinks that "White male privilege" exists is an SJW and a snowflake that is so far up their own asshole that they're circling back upon themselves to go another layer deeper. So you've justified it by being a perfect example yourself.

Comment

Meritocracy is the only way to go, I'd never give a job to someone just because they are some minority, skills and skills alone are what matters, can you do the job or not, I dont give a crap about who you are as long as you can do the job right. Anything else is bad business practice that takes $$$ out of your pocket because you hired inadequately skilled labor.

Comment

Workshops and projects like this are also good for publicity. It is a smart way to get more people involved in open source development.
            You are more likely to commit when you feel you are being given a special chance. It's not only about "inequality" itself.
            Plus, plenty of people who don't qualify (white straight males) are going to think "Wow this is nice of them. Maybe I should be contributing to open source software too". Public events are a good way to improve visibility. I personally think this is a good thing.

Comment

This discrimination based on gender and sexual preferences is the one and only reason for me to want to wipe Linux away from every machine I can. It is just that Linus and Linux are not discriminating.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                This discrimination based on gender and sexual preferences is the one and only reason for me to want to wipe Linux away from every machine I can. It is just that Linus and Linux are not discriminating.
                Sadly, the Linux Foundation is engaging in this bigoted nonsense. https://www.linuxfoundation.org/abou...ness/programs/ Also, all the linux and open source conferences are slowly turning into "social justice" conventions. The mental illness runs deep.... Sad to see this low IQ mindset infecting everything.

FLOSS has always been a meritocracy. Skill and one's work is the only thing that should matter. Promoting "Women/Trans/Gay/Brown/Whatever in Open Source" runs counter to that.

These people are truly bigots.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert View Post

Sadly, the Linux Foundation is engaging in this bigoted nonsense. https://www.linuxfoundation.org/abou...ness/programs/ Also, all the linux and open source conferences are slowly turning into "social justice" conventions. The mental illness runs deep.... Sad to see this low IQ mindset infecting everything.

FLOSS has always been a meritocracy. Skill and one's work is the only thing that should matter. Promoting "Women/Trans/Gay/Brown/Whatever in Open Source" runs counter to that.

These people are truly bigots.

Jebus I didn't realize there was so many sexist programs in linux. The crazy train has no brakes. People need to learn to say no sometimes and look after themselves first, just a tiny bit.

Comment

It's funny because he's black...

Comment

Working...
                      X