Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v5 @ 3.60GHz gives me 299H/s by the way,

Comment

Q, I'm not being rude or anything, I'm just being realistic, I do appreciate the added value your articles provide. But you really need to work on you English writing. You can't use translators as a reference because they do 1 to 1 translations, but the english language is not 1 to 1 with your language. You have to learn how to structure phrases the same way an english speaker would.

It would increase the value of your english written articles even further.

Comment

You may want to run two miner processes on Threadripper instead of one, constraining each to one of the NUMA nodes.

Comment

qarium

May I ask what "With my 4 years of electric professional training" is ?

Electrician ?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium

I did not make any graduation but i have 1. year professional training in making electronics and 3. years professional training as a Electrician.

This means that i have a basic idea in how electronic und electric systems should be to be nice.
            Cool, couldn't make my mind up whether you meant electronic eng or Electrician

Comment

To clear up a few things about mining Monero on a cpu.
              It does not matter if your cpu have 1024 threads, what does matter is your cache size since each monero mining thread consumes 2MB of cpu L3 cache. So a threadripper 1950x with 32 threads and 40MB L3 cache would probably be optimal at 20 monero mining threads. similarily a i7 7700k with 8 threads and 8MB L3 cache would be optimal at 4 threads.

Comment

So all this to earn 50 euro per month?

Comment

I write a new article right now about the AMDGPU-PRO17.40 mining beta driver and with this driver the output is 310€
                  I also ordered more DDR4 ram dimms and then i think i will make ~350€ per hour.
                  Surely you meant to write per month? I'm just running the CPU miner on a few rented servers that are currently idle, since the electricity is paid for anyways but it doesn't seem very profitable.
                  Last edited by nils_; 23 October 2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

yes per month. only monero is profitable on CPUs... if you have GPUs to run Ethereum on the GPUs.
                    Looking forward to the power consumption figures. It's probably too expensive electricity wise for me since I pay market prices...

Comment

what is your location on earth ? my family do not have the amount of money needed to build so much systems for the energy we have for free.
                      I'm in Germany too, I think I'm paying ~ 0.26€/kWh. I'm thinking of getting a new GPU, so it may be worth thinking about getting a Vega (I usually go for GeForce) since I use my Intel Graphics when running Linux, dGPU is strictly for gaming so it's a bit of a waste.

Comment

Working...
                      X