There's One Week Left To Apply For Outreachy Round 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

That's nice but you were referencing the American organization, The Girl Scouts of America however... with the knowledge of it being a private separate organization for women. However recently due to campaigning by NOW the male specific organization is no longer male specific, thanks to assholes just like you. Meanwhile like you said... nobody is complaining about the girl scouts being girl specific, because that would just be "misogynist" now wouldn't it.
    If you're going to call me names we're not having a discussion anymore. You should learn how to behave in a conversation.You shouldn't make assumptions about people you never met and you don't need to put me in camps I never stated to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post

If you're going to call me names we're not having a discussion anymore. You should learn how to behave in a conversation.You shouldn't make assumptions about people you never met and you don't need to put me in camps I never stated to be in.
      You're obviously a Feminist because you're complaining about under-representation of women in Comp Sci, as everyone else acknowledges that there are fundamental differences between men and women that result in them having statistically different interests which when they have economic freedom (which is to say when personal interest rather than economic necessity drives employment choices) they express, which is the sole reason behind STEM being majority male, and Nursing, K-12 Education, and such being majority female.

Ergo situations like what happened with the BSA are the fault of people just like you.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313
        Outreachy is a sexist and racist program that excludes certain people based on their physical attributes.

It is not inclusive. It is not open for everyone.

You know, you could state your point whilst being a bit more polite. You haven't made a solid point and the only thing you did was throw some swear words around.
        There wasn't a single swear word in uid313's post. You WolfpackN64 sir, you're a dipshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

You're obviously a Feminist because you're complaining about under-representation of women in Comp Sci, as everyone else acknowledges that there are fundamental differences between men and women that result in them having statistically different interests which when they have economic freedom (which is to say when personal interest rather than economic necessity drives employment choices) they express, which is the sole reason behind STEM being majority male, and Nursing, K-12 Education, and such being majority female.

Ergo situations like what happened with the BSA are the fault of people just like you.
          I wasn't complaining to be fair. There is still a lot of interest from a lot of people in these minority groups and from female programmers in this direction. Why do some people have to make such a big deal about this? No one is riffing on white male programmers at all. This is just a gross misrepresentation by the people who are actually complaining here.

And to close my statement. I don't feel responsible for anything in this story.

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post

There wasn't a single swear word in uid313's post. You WolfpackN64 sir, you're a dipshit.
            And there's one. You people are setting records in being unchivalrous.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              Threads on this subject make me despair at the Phoronix community. This program isn't racist or sexist, a private organisation is using it's own money and resources to boost under-represented groups involvement in the FOSS community. It doesn't hurt or disadvantage anyone. No need to get so butt hurt over something that doesn't affect you really that much.
              If someone discriminates others based on sex/gender then he is sexist, if someone discriminates over race/ancestry/whatever you call it, then he is racist.

And Outreachy is doing both.

Comment

And there's one. You people are setting records in being unchivalrous.
                and there's the first, because you're incredible irritating. I give you 10/10, excellent trolling.

Comment

and there's the first, because you're incredible irritating. I give you 10/10, excellent trolling.
                  I wanted to have a decent conversation, but none of you actually started explaining your points without making jabs at other people or at me. That's not polite.

Comment

I wanted to have a decent conversation, so I started saying people were just saying swear words even though they weren't. I'm the queen of well-behaving and everyone but me is wrong.
                    if there's someone sensitive it's you for getting all worked up for a post that didn't had A SINGLE swear word.

Comment

if there's someone sensitive it's you for getting all worked up for a post that didn't had A SINGLE swear word.
                      I wouldn't say accusations of sexism and racism are something to throw around lightly, but we could discuss semantics all day. I was sweared at in the subsequent conversations however and that won't do. I'm not the one getting all worked up over a representative initiative on an online forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X