Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    Is this a troll?
    Its so fucking unusual I'm not even sure how to classify it. But next time I would like to see CocaCola chairman drinking Pepsi in public.

Have you missed the last 10,000 years in IT?
    I'm such a newbie, barely able to remember like ~150 years of techs, when some essential techs were (re)created. I'm sorry if I missed some cycle or maybe two. It wasn't my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by SWY1985 View Post
      I'm still hoping to see Edge go open source and come to macOS, Linux and Android.
      Do you honestly think MS implemented UI using cross-platform approach? Or if you need just engine, there're already quite some, be it HTML parsing, JS or CSS. Yet another engine would not change things drastically. Oh, wait, haven't MS released "Chakra" JS engine source?

Comment

What do you anticipate Microsoft will do next?
        Opensource Windows !
        Once the F/LOSS community has found a way to not suffer Killer Joke-levels of brain haemorrhage simply by being exposed to the awefullness of the code, this is going to help Wine developers a lot.

Comment

A little bit more on the serious side: Is anybody aware of plans to change/relax the licensing of ExFAT so that it can find its way into the vanilla kernel? (Finding a filesystem for your USB drive supported for all three big OS is not easy... The limitations of older FATs make it even impossible to carry around some Linux live images.)

Comment

Microsoft will switch to Linux and keep selling their software on top of Linux. And it will cost the Windows users as much as before.
            Thing is, I use Windows every day and the desktop usability is great and clean. Linux desktops, not so much at all. Ugly fonts, ugly icons, ugly styling, ugly transitions/animations (I disable this in Windows.) I'm hoping Wayland and things like PipeWire take off, to create solid core that cool stuff can be built on. But right now, mostly junk on the desktop, and Windows usability and aesthetics kicks it's butt. Yes, I've seen some decent Linux desktops due to much customization, but most as default are clunky and ugly, my opinion at least. I know this can be made better, and cannot wait.

Decided to edit out my snarky comment here at the end, didn't want to be the jerk in the room.
            Last edited by ehansin; 28 September 2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft made their own distribution, like Oracle had.

Comment

Originally posted by OlafLostViking View Post
                A little bit more on the serious side: Is anybody aware of plans to change/relax the licensing of ExFAT so that it can find its way into the vanilla kernel?
                Is there really a need to do so? I've never had any problems using the FUSE-based ExFAT support on Linux, so an in-kernel driver doesn't seem particularly necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by OlafLostViking View Post
                  A little bit more on the serious side: Is anybody aware of plans to change/relax the licensing of ExFAT so that it can find its way into the vanilla kernel? (Finding a filesystem for your USB drive supported for all three big OS is not easy... The limitations of older FATs make it even impossible to carry around some Linux live images.)
                  There is one with modern features that's supported by everyone: UDF

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

There is one with modern features that's supported by everyone: UDF
                    Supported in the sense that Windows fails to run it on 1+TB drives and filesystem checker tools for it suck?

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
                      Is there really a need to do so? I've never had any problems using the FUSE-based ExFAT support on Linux, so an in-kernel driver doesn't seem particularly necessary.
                      Dunno, both NTFS and exfat run like crap on my PCs. Sure they work, but performance sucks.

Not to say that i need more performance out of it, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X