Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell Joins The Khronos Group

Phoronix: Dell Joins The Khronos Group

Dell is now the latest company joining The Khronos Group as a contributing member...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they open source the drivers required for their eye tracking tech in their newest laptops

Comment

Meanwhile developers continue to make their games DX12 only. Shrug.

Comment

That spiel sounds like it came from a trainee marketing chap. And to whom is it supposed to impress anyway?
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          Meanwhile developers continue to make their games DX12 only. Shrug.
          The power of Microsoft is too hard to beat easily, their roots are growing in all possible directions and their money makes them to effortless able to stay even in sectors they don't manage to be profitable just for branding presence reasons. Despite it's a slowly falling giant, it's going to take too long to completely fall off unless lots of extremely extra efforts are done to make things to change faster and better than current situation.

About Dell? That was expected. Their iron is going to expand beyond Microsoft boundaries and Linux is already an important part of their business, they also need to pressure Microsoft more to get a better deal too. They want to take market-share from other big ones like Oracle. But don't get your hopes too high, as they don't give a shit about Linux for the desktop and workstations. I wouldn't trust Dell so much, they are known "traitors".

Meanwhile there's a growing list of companies that care about Linux from the desktops to server and workstations: PogoLinux, System76, Linucity, Penguin Computing,
          ASA Computers, Core Systems, eRacks, Genstor Systems, iXsystems. What about those becoming part of the Khronos Group too?

There's smaller local ones:

- USA
          * Seattle: Puget Systems
          * Portland: LAC Portland
          * Aspen Systems

Anyone wants to add more or remove from the list?

Comment

It could have been worse. They could have decided to sponsor TV shows instead. Like you-know-who ... No, wait, they already do or try to.
            Last edited by sdack; 26 September 2017, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
              It could have been worse. They could have decided to sponsor TV shows instead. Like you-know-who ... No, wait, they already do or try to.
              Yeah, how dare they pay to have their name or products in a movie like everyone else is doing. Bad Dell, Baaaad!

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Yeah, how dare they pay to have their name or products in a movie like everyone else is doing. Bad Dell, Baaaad!
                They'll put their name onto your face if it gave them a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                  They'll put their name onto your face if it gave them a profit.
                  As long as they pay the price I ask, then I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    As long as they pay the price I ask, then I don't see the problem.
                    Would make face-recognition software blink twice.
                    Hi

Comment

Working...
                    X