Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Hat Formally Rolls Out Pipewire For Being The "Video Equivalent of PulseAudio"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Which were provided to you.
    You linked the fucking bugtracker and two bugs where none was talking of the issues you mentioned. I see a lot of bugs related to bluetooth, some segfaults and other crap, nothing where someone states "my pulseaudio lags for seconds".

Many, many of those Ubuntu reports and also two upstream bug reports I believe are related.
    No, I don't care about bugs you think are related.
    I want to see bugs where people states clearly something I can relate to your statement above:

"On Gentoo PA just simply pauses the audio by itself for completely unexplainable reasons. There has been no input on it, no advice, no solution. It's been this way since at least 3 years. Plus there's the multiple seconds of latency that is completely unavoidable. That also has had no input, no advice and no solution. "

I'm not a dev, you are not a dev, please link some posts where someone states something like the above in clear english.

It's you who choose not to look.
    The onus of proof is on your side, not mine. Try to understand me, what if you were a troll trying to waste my time asking me to look at dozens of bug reports?

Your behavior as a PA fanboy to refuse to acknowledge what's right in front of you just reinforces my opinion of PA anticompetitive nature.
    Yeah, because I'm totally related with PA development and my views are 100% the devs views, great logic right there.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I asked for a link to a bug report, this is not a link to a bug report that proves your claim.

I mean, you mentioned that Gentoo thing being there for 3 years, where is it?

Unless it is reported properly in a bugtracker and you can actually link it here I have no proof that you aren't just trolling.
    Which were provided to you. Many, many of those Ubuntu reports and also two upstream bug reports I believe are related. It's you who choose not to look. Your behavior as a PA fanboy to refuse to acknowledge what's right in front of you just reinforces my opinion of PA anticompetitive nature. (After all why compete whan you can get away with ignoring, right?)
    Last edited by duby229; 20 September 2017, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    I just looked again for the sake of being sure, and again, a proportion of those bug reports on Ubuntu -do- report exactly what I'm talking about.
    I asked for a link to a bug report, this is not a link to a bug report that proves your claim.

I mean, you mentioned that Gentoo thing being there for 3 years, where is it?

they refuse, absolutely refuse to acknowledge bugs people experience.
    Unless it is reported properly in a bugtracker and you can actually link it here I have no proof that you aren't just trolling.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    I repeat, show me a bug report where someone states the symptoms you were talking about, if it is so widespread as you say then someone must have posted some bug report with those symptoms.

I don't give a shit about what you think might be related or not, you aren't a dev so you can't say, and I'm not wasting time trying to make sense out of stuff you might have pulled up in a 5 second google search.
    I just looked again for the sake of being sure, and again, a proportion of those bug reports on Ubuntu -do- report exactly what I'm talking about. And as I said I believe at least those two upstream bug reports are related. And they're years old. Many, many of those Ubuntu bug reports are probably duplicates of the same exact problem. It's extremely widespread.

EDIT: I think the actual realistic problem, the fundamentally deepest problem of all, is that PA devs and fanboys sincerely believe it's perfect and so they refuse, absolutely refuse to acknowledge bugs people experience. It has so many horrible bugs that are completely ignored because of that. (Which, btw, is the root of my opinion that it's one of the worst anticompetitive open source projects in the world)
    Last edited by duby229; 20 September 2017, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    You do realize you just outed yourself as a conspiracy theorist? I guess the annunaki did it with psy powers from nibiru....
    All his posts I can remember are like that, he must be some kind of NSA agent spreading misinformation.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    More than half of those bugs seem to be directly related. Just look. And then I posted two very old upstream bug reports which I believe to be related.
    I repeat, show me a bug report where someone states the symptoms you were talking about, if it is so widespread as you say then someone must have posted some bug report with those symptoms.

I don't give a shit about what you think might be related or not, you aren't a dev so you can't say, and I'm not wasting time trying to make sense out of stuff you might have pulled up in a 5 second google search.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    We do have the best jokes, and the Obama voters always fall for them lol.
    Cheer up then, all the world loves your jokes (I'm not a US citizen).

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
    PulseAudio trolls just imagined they had problems all these years. Like the controlled demolition of Building 7, it never even happened. Red Hat has debunked all these anti-Poettering conspiracy theories and thanks to them the community can now listed to a MP3 safely and securely. And the best part of all is the people dictating and mandating are the so-called "liberals" of our communist commune, er, uh, community I mean. :P
    You do realize you just outed yourself as a conspiracy theorist? I guess the annunaki did it with psy powers from nibiru....

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    no, no no. When people ask you "where is the bug" you need to pull up the bug report concerning the mentioned issue, not Ubuntu's bugrtacker, nor unrelated bugs that might have something to do with it, maybe perhaps.
    More than half of those bugs seem to be directly related. Just look. And then I posted two very old upstream bug reports which I believe to be related.

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Trump supporter spotted.
    We do have the best jokes, and the Obama voters always fall for them lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X