Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Hat Formally Rolls Out Pipewire For Being The "Video Equivalent of PulseAudio"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomin
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Don't feel sorry, you're ok.
    It just seemed that you had an intense discussion going on.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomin View Post

Sorry to intervene, but I really don't see how those bug reports would describe the same bug. I would say that they are definitely different bugs and probably caused by different things.
    Don't feel sorry, you're ok. They seem like they are describing the same effects those users noted on those bug reports. At least those I described as definitely are exactly the same symptoms I experience.

Leave a comment:

• Tomin
    replied

They do describe the same problem, just look.
    Sorry to intervene, but I really don't see how those bug reports would describe the same bug. I would say that they are definitely different bugs and probably caused by different things.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Yeah, the root cause is that you can't read bug reports at all so any PA bug looks the same for you, and they all seem like describing your issues.

Really that's the only reason why you cannot do something as simple as finding a bug report where the person did report the same issues as you stated in your post above.
    They do describe the same problem, just look.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    I do know for certain it's at least 3 years old behavior. And knowing how PA devs believe honestly that's it's perfect I wouldn't doubt one bit it's actually a 10 years old behavior. And the ones I stated as definitely, definitely do describe the same behavior. And the other ones probably have the exact same root cause.
    Yeah, the root cause is that you can't read bug reports at all so any PA bug looks the same for you, and they all seem like describing your issues.

Really that's the only reason why you cannot do something as simple as finding a bug report where the person did report the same issues as you stated in your post above.

Really it's that simple, a bug where the person reports that there are multiple seconds of lag, or PA stopping on its own (which is what you claimed). Not random other PA bugs from the stone age.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Because I google searched, obviously. Something you seem incapable of lately.
    But, if it is not showing your issue (even if it is supposed to be about your issues) then how did you find it?

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Answer me please, how you could claim that a log that isn't showing any issue (by your own admission) is showing the same issues you have. How in the name of zod can you see that it is about your own issues if it isn't showing any issue?

Also, another answer stuck in moderation above this.
    Because I google searched, obviously. Something you seem incapable of lately.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    You said: "On Gentoo PA just simply pauses the audio by itself for completely unexplainable reasons. There has been no input on it, no advice, no solution. It's been this way since at least 3 years. Plus there's the multiple seconds of latency that is completely unavoidable. "

No bug you linked reports the issues you stated.

And they are all ancient. This is 2017 man, the younger bug report you linked is from 2010. We get that back then it was immature, but now, 7 years later it isn't anymore.
    I do know for certain it's at least 3 years old behavior. And knowing how PA devs believe honestly that's it's perfect I wouldn't doubt one bit it's actually a 10 years old behavior. And the ones I stated as definitely, definitely do describe the same behavior. And the other ones probably have the exact same root cause.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Just go to Ubuntu or mints or gentoos bug tracker and look. That's literally all you ever had to do. I found that log in less than one minute. I don't understand why you seem so incapable.
    Answer me please, how you could claim that a log that isn't showing any issue (by your own admission) is showing the same issues you have. How in the name of zod can you see that it is about your own issues if it isn't showing any issue?

Also, another answer stuck in moderation above this.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    You said: "On Gentoo PA just simply pauses the audio by itself for completely unexplainable reasons. There has been no input on it, no advice, no solution. It's been this way since at least 3 years. Plus there's the multiple seconds of latency that is completely unavoidable. "

No bug you linked reports the issues you stated.

And they are all ancient. This is 2017 man, the younger bug report you linked is from 2010. We get that back then it was immature, but now, 7 years later it isn't anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X