Outreachy Begins Soliciting For 2017 Winter Internships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Outreachy is a sexist and racist progam that discriminates against people based on their sexual orientation, gender, and race since it includes only certain people while excluding others.
    Also the program is a waste of money, it throws money and get nothing of value in return.
    It produced some crudely drawn, scary looking really shitty cartoon drawings.

The project really ought to be shutdown and whoever responsible for it kicked out for wasting project resources.
    Knew it, called it!

​​​​​
    Originally posted by Avant
    pure cancer
    FYI. Cancer is cancer (like, literally). This isn't.

Comment

This is really worrying to me, one of the reasons I love open source development so much, is my identity is irrelevant and only the things that matter, mainly, but technical ability, make a difference. The very things I want to keep private are quickly becoming pre-conditions to my legitimacy, me and many of my other traditionally labelled "minority" don't want to be defined by sexual orientations and gender identities. Rather we only ever wanted to blend in and contribute as everyone else does.

Anonymity is what brought me into open source development and its being taken away by those who claim to act on my behalf.

Comment

Working...
      X