Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outreachy Begins Soliciting For 2017 Winter Internships

Phoronix: Outreachy Begins Soliciting For 2017 Winter Internships

With the Outreachy Summer 2017 internship period wrapping up, the application period has opened for the Outreachy Winter 2017 internship program...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In before snide insinuations that Outreachy is "literally worse" than the KKK and other White Supremacist groups.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
      In before snide insinuations that Outreachy is "literally worse" than the KKK and other White Supremacist groups.
      At least they don't give a bad rep to Tiki torches, so there is that.

Comment

Outreachy is a sexist and racist progam that discriminates against people based on their sexual orientation, gender, and race since it includes only certain people while excluding others.
        Also the program is a waste of money, it throws money and get nothing of value in return.
        It produced some crudely drawn, scary looking really shitty cartoon drawings.

The project really ought to be shutdown and whoever responsible for it kicked out for wasting project resources.

Comment

I'm here to stand up for the rights of bearded, middle-aged white dudes! This benign attempt to make the FOSS community a little more inclusive is an outrage!

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            I'm here to stand up for the rights of bearded, middle-aged white dudes! This benign attempt to make the FOSS community a little more inclusive is an outrage!
            Because discrimination based on things like race, gender and sexual orientation has always been such a great way to promote diversity of those aspects...

Nietzsche once said that "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster" and I get the distinct feeling that the people who run and cheer on programs like this failed to do just that.
            Last edited by L_A_G; 08 September 2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I'm telling my daughter to apply. 6,000 bucks is 6,000 bucks. College is expensive as hell, and most internships for 18 year olds don't pay hardly anything

Comment

Ocober

Comment

Santiago

Comment

Originally posted by Avant
                    pure cancer
                    I bet you're fun to be around at parties

Comment

Working...
                    X