Outreachy Summer 2017 Yielded A New Coloring Book, Wine AppDB Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outreachy Summer 2017 Yielded A New Coloring Book, Wine AppDB Improvements

Phoronix: Outreachy Summer 2017 Yielded A New Coloring Book, Wine AppDB Improvements

Not only is GSoC wrapping up now as school nears for many of the involved student developers, but the Outreachy internship program is also ending this coming week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Who does the poorly drawn coloring books? Interns? If so, what a waste. Sponsors should be demanding their money back form this racist/sexist outfit.

Comment

my mother always said "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"
      so I'll stay quiet…

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        The Outreachy May - Augusy 2017 internship

Comment

That's not a colouring book, it's a novel with some crappy images.

Also, I'm scared to learn what the story in that thing is.
          WHY IS THERE "CUSTOMER SUPPORT" IN A COLOURING BOOK.
          HOW MANY KIDS KNOW WHAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVEN IS.

WHY CAN'T ANYONE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!?!?!1

Comment

Fighting discrimination with discrimination. Good stuff.

Comment

Looking at that colouring book it definitely looks like money well spent! Maybe they can try to double the budget next year?

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
                Fighting discrimination with discrimination. Good stuff.
                The sad thing is all they got done during the summer is a crappy "coloring book" and some tweaks to a shitty web site. I bet they even had lots of meetings and discussions about that stupid coloring book. Yeah nice way to get more so-called "under represented" groups into tech. The whole premise of outreachy is bigoted, but seriously would be interesting to know if the sponsors are ok with this. Smells like some kind of scam.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                  my mother always said "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"
                  so I'll stay quiet…
                  Constructive criticism while keeping an open mind should always be welcomed. Spewing hate and negative opinions without clarification is what to be quiet about. If you aren't sure which it is, follow your mother's advice.

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert View Post
                    Wah! Wah! I'm white, male and heterosexual, and have access to 99 out of 100 jobs in the industry! How dare these evil people won't afford me that one remaining job, too? Don't they know I'm a special little cookie?
                    Fixed!

Comment

Working...
                    X