Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Conclusion: Ryzen needs so bad integrated graphics
    It is exist actually, it called APU!! the Raven Ridge use Zen architecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
      I gave up waiting for the HDMI audio fix, and bought a $2 cable to run a traditional speaker connection to my monitor. It works fine.
      Couldn't be more simple. Since he is using a TV, a simple P2>RCA or P2>P2 cable to connect the mobo audio to the TV will do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        Conclusion: Ryzen needs so bad integrated graphics
        Blah, my conclusion was that Mrs Ross got F square @ 1:40

To get something out of the box, people just need to think out of the box a bit i guess

Comment

Does AMD have anything modern planned in the sub-40€ range like half a RX 550? Such an option seems to be sorely missing for the people who'd like 6 or 8 core Ryzen performance but have no need for a full gaming GPU. All I see there are 5450s (and relabels) that are over five year old 40nm things.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
            Does AMD have anything modern planned in the sub-40€ range like half a RX 550? Such an option seems to be sorely missing for the people who'd like 6 or 8 core Ryzen performance but have no need for a full gaming GPU. All I see there are 5450s (and relabels) that are over five year old 40nm things.
            Yeah, a modern successor to the R5 230 - cheap, TDP bellow 20W - would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
              Looking back they just don't sell cards like that retail. Honestly, $170 for a 570 at MSRP is great value for money. It might be really expensive for just display driving, but it will age well - Michael talks about how older cards can't handle his 4k panel, whereas a 570 can drive 3 4k panels easily.

Comment

I think we are many that waits for AMD APU.
                I hope it's not to far away for laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  Yea, I'd have gone with the older Radeon option here. They are still plenty capable of driving 4K, and since you don't need anything high-end, you shouldn't care about energy efficiency anyway.
                  I was thinking the same thing. AMD GPUs only tend to get real power hungry when you're pushing them to their limits, but the wattage gap (compared to a competing nvidia) narrows dramatically once you put realistic loads on them. For example, yhe R9 290 is known to reach 300W during furmark, but struggles to reach 250W during a game, and is even lower when v-sync is on.
                  Last edited by schmidtbag; 16 July 2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Nvidia does not work fine apart from missing/incomplete Wayland support.
                    Their X performance is garbage, period. I am using Nvidia myself and could recently compare it to Skylake modesetting driver: No weird performance drops with the Intel when new windows open. The desktop performance of Nvidia with X is actually partially worse than of Windows XP.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                      Yea, I'd have gone with the older Radeon option here. They are still plenty capable of driving 4K, and since you don't need anything high-end, you shouldn't care about energy efficiency anyway.
                      Yeah... I would've said just use one of the 200 series cards you've got floating around, a 4k composited desktop isn't exactly a high-bar in terms of performance requirements and all the low end cards aren't exactly going to be drawing that much.

Comment

Working...
                      X