Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    Baited? ...
    Yes, you got baited. Learn what it means and see it coming. Don't be a tool, don't be a hater. Bye!
    Last edited by sdack; 29 June 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      Yes, you got baited. Learn what it means and see it coming. Don't be a tool, don't be a hater. Bye!
      Right...

Comment

vulnerabilities present in systemd-resolved were predicted long a go by "systemd-haters".. no particular surprise..

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
          vulnerabilities present in systemd-resolved were predicted long a go by "systemd-haters".. no particular surprise..
          You don't need to be Mystic Meg to predict vulnerabilities, all software has them, what's always more important is how they're dealt with and how quickly patches are made available

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

You don't need to be Mystic Meg to predict vulnerabilities, all software has them, what's always more important is how they're dealt with and how quickly patches are made available
            And this is your typical pattern of "shrugging it off". Demagogy like offhanded remarks of Mystic Meg and other bs.

In this case, systemd-resolved was specificially predicted to be vulnerable. One particular module.
            Last edited by aht0; 29 June 2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

And this is your typical pattern of "shrugging it off". Demagogy like offhanded remarks of Mystic Meg and other bs.

In this case, systemd-resolved was specificially predicted to be vulnerable. One particular module.
              Well I predict that there will be another vulnerability found in OpenSSL before next year

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Well I predict that there will be another vulnerability found in OpenSSL before next year
                .. assuming so, it would mean what? systemd becomes more secure because openssl has potential vulnerabilities as well (of which I am not doubting)..? Explain the chain of logic.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

For instance the problem of bounds checking does not require a VM, see https://www.cs.bu.edu/~hwxi/academic/papers/pldi98.pdf
                  Of course not, but Java (which you stated as an example) and many more attempts at a memory secure language (like C#) does.

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                  Those who do memory leaks, should not work in the industry. Java, rust etc are for people who are in rust. I was studying in a university when c++ came, my first exam was with pascal. Since then I worked many years with C and C++. In the school they did teach to reuse existing software and not write buggy shit that redhat and many other companies like nokia with symbian do and did. When Java came, I could program faster with C++ than my work mates with java.
                  First and foremost, memory leaks have nothing to do with memory security.
                  Having a tool prevent memory leaks is fundamentally impossible while having a tool enforce memory security is very easy and had been done even before C was first released. What's special with Rust is how it does it with no run time overhead (usually it's even much faster in memory management than C as its security model allows big optimizations such as move semantics by default which would be far to dangerous in C), very small limitations in how you can structure your memory and a very simple way to opt out in the few cases Rusts security model do limit you in a way that hurts (like hindering some manual optimization).

It's painstakingly obvious for everyone that you are not a programmer so please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

can you link to that prediction? it might be a good read.

Comment

[QUOTE=rtfazeberdee;n960339]

oh, well, another poster was faster.
                      Last edited by aht0; 29 June 2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X