Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Linux Switches From Xfce To GNOME, Benchmarks

Phoronix: Clear Linux Switches From Xfce To GNOME, Benchmarks

The Intel-developed high-performance Clear Linux operating system has decided to shift their desktop focus from Xfce to GNOME.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really? Why is everyone switching to GNOME?

*waiting for Griffin*

Comment

GNOME as fast as XFCE in benchmarks ? It's obviously faked, ask debianxfce.

Comment

Hey, finally. Something modern. I approve.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
          Nothing fake about it, that was my experience when I moved from Compiz based DE to mutter based, actually, back in Ubuntu 14.04 days, i saw improvements in performance moving from Gnome-Flashback+Compiz to Cinnamon/Gnome +muffin/mutter.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

*waiting for Griffin*
            The switch, as described in the article, is due to Wayland support. which is likely why others would be switching too. Although other DE's have Wayland support (such as KDE), AFAIK, GNOME's support is seemly the most complete and stable out there right now.

I figure once Ubuntu moves to GNOME, providing they package Wayland as default, the other DE's would gain more traction for Wayland support.

As well, AFAIK, XFCE is planning Wayland support, but unfortunately it's not the fastest developing DE.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Nothing fake about it, that was my experience when I moved from Compiz based DE to mutter based, actually, back in Ubuntu 14.04 days, i saw improvements in performance moving from Gnome-Flashback+Compiz to Cinnamon/Gnome +muffin/mutter.
              I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be tongue in cheek

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                I guess, because people with new hardware have nothing else to do

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
                  wasn't he banned some months ago for taking his own trolling a little bit to seriously?

Comment

The hell... ?
                    Well April 1st is already in the past, so wha' happen?

Comment

Working...
                    X