Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I guess, because people with new hardware have nothing else to do
    Well, maybe there should be a Gnome_WannaCry version that would give them even more chills down the spine.

Comment

Xfce is being developed and there is a roadmap for full GTK+3/4 support which would allow for Wayland. But it's admittedly happening quite slowly. I can understand why distros do not want to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Really? Why is everyone switching to GNOME?

*waiting for Griffin*
        I dislike GNOME but I still use it. I hate that GNOME decided to make their entire desktop uncustomizable. But it's also the only desktop that isn't heavily buggy and supports modern features(4k display + non-HiDPI desktop = bad experience.)
        KDE probably does too, but I've never been able to use KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be tongue in cheek
          Maybe you are right, but it doesn't harm to respond "just in case" .

I wasn't a member when that guy was trolling, I didn't get the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post
            Well, maybe there should be a Gnome_WannaCry version that would give them even more chills down the spine.
            How would otherwise hardware companies sells you anything, if you don't have right amount bloat to run I don't expect somebody to buy 16c/32t AMD's Threadripper + 8K monitor and to run Motif GUI on it. Hardware goes up an now Ghone OS suddenly looks normal

Further, Ghone 4 would probably be designed for 32K monitors and for 256 threads CPUs running on Vulkan 3 and so on
            Last edited by dungeon; 24 May 2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              Peppercats. Go figure. A usable linux desktop can't be heavily customizable. You will run out of developer resources.
              Yes, usable linux desktop shouldn't be even allowed to be compiled... everybody just wasting resources around

Isn't that wasted resources, every distro compile same thing

Comment

A usable GNU/Linux desktop shouldn't be trolled about, everybody just wasting trolling resources.

...it was worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
                  A usable GNU/Linux desktop shouldn't be trolled about, everybody just wasting trolling resources.

...it was worth a shot.
                  That is all trolling, you have thousands people compile same thing just to found out slightly different but the same bugs But developers does not care at all about that, believe me... they develop for 32K monitors currently

Comment

Peppercats. Go figure. A usable linux desktop can't be rewritten every other day, breaking theming and extension APIs. You will run out of developer resources.
                    fixed.

Comment

Thanks for adding those smileys to indicate you are just trolling.
                      It was your comment claiming how "usable linux desktop can't be heavily customizable". Should i ask you, why not? And maybe who written that floscule into stone

And i just go further, with comment that why should be compilable even, that way no one will breaks it... if i trolled on that there you trolled even more in the first place
                      Last edited by dungeon; 24 May 2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X