Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exciting GSoC 2017 Projects: Vulkan Software Renderer, Kodi On Wayland, Much More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting GSoC 2017 Projects: Vulkan Software Renderer, Kodi On Wayland, Much More

Phoronix: Exciting GSoC 2017 Projects: Vulkan Software Renderer, Kodi On Wayland, Much More

In addition to today marking the announcement of the accepted Outreachy 2017 summer projects, Google also announced today the participants for this year's Google Summer of Code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent agenda.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        Excellent agenda.
        Originally posted by FishPls View Post
        Good stuff.
        agreed

Comment

There is a maintained build of Kodi on Wayland for quite some time now. I'm not sure if it'll get merged into the main Kodi because their seems some animosity towards the guy maintaining the build. Still, it worked very well last time I tried.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Wayland support for Kodi! This is going to be perfect for LibreELEC!

Comment

"Support for Go Language and Rust in KDevelop."

Nice. One IDE to rule them all.

Comment

Yes! Wayland support in Kodi! Along with hardware accelerated video decoding, this makes it a really good option for a media center or tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post
                  "Support for Go Language and Rust in KDevelop."

Nice. One IDE to rule them all.
                  So... something from Jetbrains then? :P

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
                    There is a maintained build of Kodi on Wayland for quite some time now. I'm not sure if it'll get merged into the main Kodi because their seems some animosity towards the guy maintaining the build. Still, it worked very well last time I tried.

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

So they ditch supposedly good code just becasue they don't like who wrote it?...
                    Oh, wait! The same happened with ReiserFS...

Comment

Working...
                    X