Wine's AppDB, GNOME Recipes, Coloring Book Among Outreachy Summer Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Wow! Only in a fascist "doublespeak" society are privileges for minority groups akin to an inherent lack of human rights.

FYI. What those "privileges" do is put minority groups on equal footing with the rest of society.

Think about a man watching a football game from the other side of a wooden garden fence. Next to him is his small, five year old son.
    The purist/Libertarian idea of equality would dictate that both individuals are equals, even though the son isn't tall enough to actually reach over the fence.
    The realist/Humanitarian concept tells us that they aren't equals at all. That, in order to make them equally able to watch the game, the father ought to put the son on his shoulders.

Now Libertarians would call the latter "privileged" and "oppressive". That's how freaking toxic ... nay pathetic that mindset is.
    Those "minorities" you talk about are already on the equal footing with the rest of the society. There is no laws discriminating them, they can get education with the same grounds as the rest of the society, they can chose freely their volunteer projects, and they can apply for any job, and be selected based on their merits. They are on the same grounds with the rest of the society, as they should be, and not in a privileged position as they are now.

Your example was apples and oranges example. You did not mention that in real world situation where work opportunities are limited the one who is selected causes another one to be deselected. Or more, the one being selected causes 1000 people to become deselected. So each of these gender and sexuality privileged inequality opportunities affect unfairly potentially hundreds if not thousands people.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post

Those "minorities" you talk about are already on the equal footing with the rest of the society. There is no laws discriminating them, they can get education with the same grounds as the rest of the society, they can chose freely their volunteer projects, and they can apply for any job, and be selected based on their merits. They are on the same grounds with the rest of the society, as they should be, and not in a privileged position as they are now.

Your example was apples and oranges example. You did not mention that in real world situation where work opportunities are limited the one who is selected causes another one to be deselected. Or more, the one being selected causes 1000 people to become deselected. So each of these gender and sexuality privileged inequality opportunities affect unfairly potentially hundreds if not thousands people.
      Hah!
      In your dreams are women and men on an equal footing in the business world.
      Even tech is still a boy's club and women earn less than men for doing the same work.

But hey. At this point I suspect you're just a sorry wanker who is pissed that he isn't being invited to events held by and for women and people of colour. Carry on.

Comment

Hah!
        In your dreams are women and men on an equal footing in the business world.
        Even tech is still a boy's club and women earn less than men for doing the same work.

But hey. At this point I suspect you're just a sorry wanker who is pissed that he isn't being invited to events held by and for women and people of colour. Carry on.
        Dunno what I should be doing in an event held for women and people of colour in the first place )

Comment

Dunno what I should be doing in an event held for women and people of colour in the first place )
          Well. You're white (presumably) and male.

According to your previous posts, every event you're not invited to is an unfair result of female/coloured/handicapped "privilege".

Comment

Well. You're white (presumably) and male.

According to your previous posts, every event you're not invited to is an unfair result of female/coloured/handicapped "privilege".
            I don't recal that kind of post, maybe you can quete it fully including the context.

By the way, I am a hetero too, and carnivore Do I now have a place in concentration camp

Comment

That's the SELinux colouring book, not the new one.
              Not sure what's wrong with the quality of the drawings in your mind,, but whatever.
              See some random examples here to make a comparison https://duckduckgo.com/?q=colouring+...ax=1&ia=images

The lines are not clean (like the hand was trembling when making them), there is no perspective whatsoever, lacks a ton of detail. This would qualify as a sketch at best. As a general rule of thumb, if it is something I could draw too without even trying hard, it's crap on the drawing quality scale.

There are words with underscores ("cat_chow") which also hints at the fact that the person doing this isn't even trying to make a good job.

I'm not hating this because it's GNOME, it's a genuinely crap drawing by itself.

I'm not a fan of colouring books either, but I can appreciate well drawn graphics and the way it could introduce new developers to the world of Linux.
              Me too. I hate stuff done just for the sake of saying you have done it. And this sure looks like that.

Comment

This.

It's really ridiculous how these "minorities" along with SJWs always yell how discriminated they are when in fact they have the same rights as other people nowadays, at least in western countries. I find it more ridiculous because I am a zoophile (zoosexual cynophile). Zoophiles are hated by most of the (western) society, constantly witch-hunted and persecuted - just because they deeply love their animal partners. It may surprise you, but zoophilia is not about sex with animals and zoophiles are not deviants who sexually abuse animals (if a zoophile has sex with his animal partner, it's always with the consent of both partners - yes, animals can consent and yes, animals have sexuality, but that's not something I want to discuss here). But most of the society doesn't care, they just want to make fun of us, make laws against us, hunt us, lock us up, destroy our lives, take our animal partners away and kill or at least spay/neuter them etc. And no, they don't want to protect animals, they just want to destroy us, because we are "unnatural" and "evil". This is what the true discrimination looks like, not their so-called "discrimination"!

P.S. Before sending a hate-reply to my comment, telling me how "deviated and mentally ill" I am or how "zoophilia cannot be compared to homosexuality" etc., try to think about what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
                X