Mark Shuttleworth Is Indeed Taking Back Over As Canonical CEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bison View Post

It's part of the game. If you're CEO, CIO, COO, or any other kind of "chief," you're expected to fall on your sword and collect a multi-million USD golden parachute when something goes really wrong.
    Fixed that for you.

Even the VW guy received a lush severance package. Apparently, people are even paying for his retirement plan. He's going to be one of the richest senior citizens in the entirety of Europe.

Comment

Ubuntu could have been so much more if they just decided to be so. They milked the early efforts of the community and gained their reputation as "Linux for human beings". Their mistake was they wanted to be Apple before their user base was absolutely tied into loving their products. They showed their true colors too early. Screw Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
        Does the timing here mean anything?

Mark is CEO until early 2010, Jane becomes CEO, Ubuntu Unity is introduced in 10.10
        All of the lifespan of Ubuntu's Unity.
        Mark announces Unity will be abandoned, Mark Announces he is taking over for Jane.

Coincidence? I'm just curious.
        Just because he wasn't CEO doesn't mean that Jane Silber wasn't a scapegoat from the start. It is always good to have someone to blame if things go nasty. But yep. It doesn't have to be coincidence. But as for me the unity thing had to have green light from Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by swoorup View Post

Insulted customers like a sheep
          He's right. It's nothing more then political speech. Rather than saying: He just fired me (well degraded from CEO?), there's: "a new phase of accelerated growth".

Comment

Working...
          X