No announcement yet.

Kodi Is Getting A Proper Netflix Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it's pretty obvious the concepts that netflix brought to the table is awesome, it's also pretty obvious that netflix itself doesn't give fuck about
    linux users. Which means that for us netflix is -not- the solution. Fuck netflix. They've been fucking us for years, now it's time for us to devise an alternative. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

KODI is a "HORRID" application?

I don't think I agree with you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        While it's pretty obvious the concepts that netflix brought to the table is awesome, it's also pretty obvious that netflix itself doesn't give fuck about
        linux users. Which means that for us netflix is -not- the solution. Fuck netflix. They've been fucking us for years, now it's time for us to devise an alternative. Seriously.
        Well... there is, but thing is... in your jurisdiction, it may or may not be *legal*.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post

Well... there is, but thing is... in your jurisdiction, it may or may not be *legal*.
          Unenforceable law is exactly the same thing as no law at all. So lets all try to make that bullshit as unenforceable as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
            Why has this taken so long? The Widevine stuff has been around a good while now and I would have thought that there would be plenty of people interested in making this work. I'd like to use this on plain ARM Linux but I suspect that will be tricky, if not impossible.
            Just because something would be nice to have, doesn't mean that developers are always interested in working on it.

Welcome to unpaid open source.

Comment

Finally!

Now we just need Amazon Prime, and I may finally send money their (Amazon/Netflix) way.

Kodi is awesome and I'm using it for offline viewing pleasure! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
                Finally!

Now we just need Amazon Prime, and I may finally send money their (Amazon/Netflix) way.

Kodi is awesome and I'm using it for offline viewing pleasure! :-)
                Please don't do that. Netflix doesn't care about you! They don't deserve you money! Instead, we, all of us, need to devise an alternative where linux users are first class from inception..

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUuDE7svBa8 I wonder if this menu translation comes from this plugin or some other as plain Kodi does translate quite well into polish, but author of that translation from the given link should get the slap in the face
                  Last edited by ryszardzonk; 20 March 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I know that Netflix doesn't care about me or my needs, but I care about me. ;-)

Currently I'm buying many DVDs or BluRays and am ripping them on my HTPC for my personal use. Those DVD/BluRay cases are taking lots of room and are currently stored away in the cellar. A solution where I don't have to buy and rip all those titles that I want is very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Please don't do that. Netflix doesn't care about you! They don't deserve you money! Instead, we, all of us, need to devise an alternative where linux users are first class from inception..
                      The hard part is getting access to legal streaming content. Any Netflix alternative is either going to be a similar corporate-controlled juggernaut or else have a limited catalog of creative commons and public domain content. And if the content is creative commons and public domain, you can just host it yourself and use Kodi as-is.

Comment

Working...
                      X