Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi Is Getting A Proper Netflix Plugin

Phoronix: Kodi Is Getting A Proper Netflix Plugin

The Kodi HTPC software will soon have a "real" Netflix plugin/add-on for making a better show/movie watching experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, that would certainly be a welcome addition -- to eliminate their HORRID application.

But I question whether or not this will be viable. Is Netflix likely to screw with the authentications in order to break this plugin? Authorized or not, they are likely going to view this as "hacking", which means a new fight that is right up there along with region jumping.

Comment

Awesome! Currently using Netflix in chrome on linux, launched from Kodi, so this would certainly streamline my setup

Though I wonder if this would remove the constraints that you have while using Netflix in Chrome (max 720p and stereo audio). Hopefully so!

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        Well, that would certainly be a welcome addition -- to eliminate their HORRID application.
        KODI is a "HORRID" application?

I don't think I agree with you on that.

Comment

He is probably talking about thet Netflix app...

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

KODI is a "HORRID" application?

I don't think I agree with you on that.
            Wasn't it about a Netflix app?

Comment

Why has this taken so long? The Widevine stuff has been around a good while now and I would have thought that there would be plenty of people interested in making this work. I'd like to use this on plain ARM Linux but I suspect that will be tricky, if not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                Why has this taken so long? The Widevine stuff has been around a good while now and I would have thought that there would be plenty of people interested in making this work. I'd like to use this on plain ARM Linux but I suspect that will be tricky, if not impossible.
                Kodi 17 was released not long ago.

Comment

I suppose that Widevine still means that it will be limited to 720p. Which means it's still not a real alternative for me.

Comment

I love Kodi, and have v17 running on RPI3. But the Netflix issue is HUGE and I asked about it before and was told "No way we won't do it". Glad they have a different stance now! Really looking forward to this!!

Comment

Working...
                    X