Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Software Foundation Europe: What Happened In Munich

Phoronix: Free Software Foundation Europe: What Happened In Munich

For those looking for some interesting weekend reading, the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) has provided a lengthy write-up about what happened in Munich with regards to LiMux and the possibility of abandoning their Linux/open-source efforts in favor of going back to Microsoft Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cheers to FSFE! Really love what they are doing there!

Comment

OMG no, the pain. Now this story even made it to phoronix and international audience can make fun of Germany and Munich. So well deserved. (Happy not to be citizen of Munich...)
      It's an entirely silly matter and decision - made by the governing two parties that have shown their "competence" when it comes to IT in general in the past multiple times. Furthermore "Linux" is blamed for things that have no root in the Linux kernel or operating system. But they are so "competent", so they blame Linux.

It should also be mentioned that Mickeysoft has a huge new building in Munich... so you guess where this comes from.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post

It should also be mentioned that Mickeysoft has a huge new building in Munich... so you guess where this comes from.
        yeah, i never had a doubt that our typical corrupt politicians would ruin every last bit of good things in germany ^^

Comment

The worst part is when you have the mayor saying "Imma big M$ shill, so imma gonna spend taxpayer money on M$ stuff to replace a proven solution that's already paid for".

Comment

Personslly id rather see governments demand specific file format support so that it doesnt matter what OS you are running. Munichs curent approach does nothing for BSD users, Mac users or anybody else. From what i gather the use of Linux didnt really solve any problems, mainly because the ptoblem isn't OS related. Long term if the FSFE doesnt address the real issues here which in my mind is document standards, they are just screwing themselves. In the end Linux ends up just as proprietary as Windows.

Comment

now that linux operating systems are mature for every utilization they revert Actually only linux kernel and drivers are able to optimize hardware very well above all in 64bit way. windows 10 64bit has made many hardware obsolete because of CPus lack of requested features.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                Personslly id rather see governments demand specific file format support so that it doesnt matter what OS you are running. Munichs curent approach does nothing for BSD users, Mac users or anybody else. From what i gather the use of Linux didnt really solve any problems, mainly because the ptoblem isn't OS related. Long term if the FSFE doesnt address the real issues here which in my mind is document standards, they are just screwing themselves. In the end Linux ends up just as proprietary as Windows.
                Linux is a kernel; it doesn't make decision. It is the people in charge who makes them, and from what I understand (from your comment), they haven't done much in that sense.

I once read that their format was RTF (which isn't an actual standard, from what I understand). Can anyone confirm or infirm this?

Comment

I love these guys. When someone decides to use MS software, it surely is due to corruption! Because Linux and FLOSS is sooooo superior in every friggin way! ROFL.

Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Comment

So if they asked M̶i̶c̶r̶o̶s̶o̶f̶t̶A̶v̶a̶n̶a̶d̶e̶Accenture to make audit, why didn't they ask FSFE to make similar audit and compare results. Smells like a foul play.

Comment

Working...
                    X