Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FSF New "High Priority Projects" List: Phone OS, Security, Drivers, More Inclusivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone OS will be (another total) waste of resources.
    Replicant, Firefox OS, Mer and the likes are all doomed to the same fate.
    As long as there won't be a really open hardware platform, the best they'll be able to do is an open source dress to a closed source mo old OS. Nothing more.
    I really hope I'll be proved to be wrong, though the current signals aren't good.
    ​​

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
      With Intel Broxton, phone OS would have been easier.
      You put “Intel” and “phone” in the same sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Michael, can you add a thumbs down button for comments like this?
        There are some users that seem to spew nasty/hateful comments, this Master5000 user in particular comes to mind, but the best course of action is "don't feed the trolls". These types of individuals are only seeking attention and will say the most absurdly stupid things to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
          Hahahaha it's funny to hear old men thinking about the future.... hahahaha!
          Hahahaha! where did you see old men there, i see girl on the stage... hahahaha!

Who is the old man, George Washington or something
          Last edited by dungeon; 17 January 2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

So when did the mali driver not become a priority anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              There are some users that seem to spew nasty/hateful comments
              Yeah, just like this asshole that called transgendered folks mentally ill:

Originally posted by torsionbar28
              Ugh, forcing others to celebrate mental illness is not ok. Do I need to tell you where to shove your hateful SJW drivel, or have you got it figured out?

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                can you add a thumbs down button for comments like this?
                This forum has an option to ignore users like this, but obviously, it doesn't prevent other users from taking the bait. If a user causes that much fuss, it's better to ban them. Actually, a forum version of the good old IRC shun/mute is best for comedic effect. http://wiki.collectiveirc.net/IRC:Command:SHUN
                User continues to post stupid comments not realizing that no one can see them...

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post
                  Phone OS will be (another total) waste of resources.
                  Replicant, Firefox OS, Mer and the likes are all doomed to the same fate.
                  As long as there won't be a really open hardware platform, the best they'll be able to do is an open source dress to a closed source mo old OS. Nothing more.
                  I really hope I'll be proved to be wrong, though the current signals aren't good.
                  ​​
                  Maybe Neo900 will see the light of day in 2017. But it will be expensive as hell and rather slow. Or hope for a RPi-variant (open firmware and open GPU-drivers are in the make) with further miniaturisation (> Pi Zero...) - and then build a miniaturized PiPhone (http://www.davidhunt.ie/piphone-a-ra...ed-smartphone/). But thats most likely just for DIY people.

Comment

I definitely agree with the idea of an open source phone. We need an alternative to the hijacking the NSA/Chinese are doing of the mobile phone networks. It's too dangerous having the handset itself compromised. What we need is someone to start fabbing open source CPUs at least in a 23nm fab process.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post

Transgenderism is a mental illness. You don't cut the cock off, you repair the brain. You adapt to reality, reality doesn't adapt to you. If you feel that there is something wrong with your chromosomes, your brain is the one that needs help.
                      Mental illness is when you think too much about that

Comment

Working...
                      X