Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Announces "MUFFIN" User Interface

Phoronix: LibreOffice Announces "MUFFIN" User Interface

The Document Foundation today announced MUFFIN, a new user-interface concept for LibreOffice...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully the 8-bit color mode is the image only...

Comment

Now that it is confirmed that ribbon will be just another option, maybe anti ribbon crowd will calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
        Now that it is confirmed that ribbon will be just another option, maybe anti ribbon crowd will calm down.
        I've had a discussion with someone recently with the standpoint that libreoffice is completely unusable because it is clunky and functionality is impossible to find. Even with a half hearted ribbon copy I think office remains one of the most controverse piece of software out there....

Comment

I hope Calligra Words gets something like this too

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Hopefully the 8-bit color mode is the image only...
            My libreoffice is literally ugly 8bit icons without distro branding.

Comment

How about fixing the utterly sluggish and slow LibreOffice Calc performance ?

What benefit do I have by using new MUFFIN and fancy icons, if the underlaying programm sucks donkey balls and performs totally sluggish with 10.000 data rows x 5 data columns and a handful (5) charts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
                How about fixing the utterly sluggish and slow LibreOffice Calc performance ?

What benefit do I have by using new MUFFIN and fancy icons, if the underlaying programm sucks donkey balls and performs totally sluggish with 10.000 data rows x 5 data columns and a handful (5) charts ?
                right, opening a 60mb excel file is impossible with calc.
                And you cant even select a column and press ctl+f to search only your selected range

Comment

Nevertheless this interface looks much better and was overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                    right, opening a 60mb excel file is impossible with calc.
                    And you cant even select a column and press ctl+f to search only your selected range
                    The files I deal with are less than 5mb in size. Still they have a few Workbooks 10k of data and a few charts. Still slow like hell. Scrolling is nearly inpossible.

Comment

Working...
                    X