Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    color as particle behavior.
    color only exists in subjective human perception. in real world there is power spectrum

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      Same is a prostitute, open for anyone willing to pay fee.
      same is grocery store. now what?
      Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      But should Linux allow the enemy of freedom, privacy and free software to join just because it got paid?
      idiot, linux and linux foundation are different entities. btw, linux kernel contains code authored by microsoft. do idiots demand its removal?
      I'm pretty sure Microsoft paid for one thing.
      The right to make decisions.
      sure they paid for one vote of 16. like oracle or ibm. so what?
      I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft pushes some DRM, telemetry or other crap into Linux in the future.
      into what linux, idiot? what linux distro is developed by linux foundation?

Comment

• Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post
        To proof you're wrong look what happened with windows 8.
        idiot, it is the proof that i am right when i say that they are changing ui in every release. they changed it between 7 and 8 and between 8 and 10 again

Comment

• lol, github agreed to host ms code, which btw has more opensource contributors than any other github member. where are iditots demanding github to stop hosting ms code ?

Comment

• Could you create single post instead of x'n amount and refrain from calling everyone in it "idiot"?

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
              Could you create single post instead of x'n amount and refrain from calling everyone in it "idiot"?
              He is addressing (and insulting) different users. This way it's far more readable, and personal.

Comment

• Microsoft has been the most dangerous company in computing in general ever.. But Linux doesn't seem to even want to be Unix anymore so.. : shrug : let them be free Windows governed by Microsoft. That's a road I won't follow Linux down myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
                  Microsoft has been the most dangerous company in computing in general ever..
                  Oracle says "omnomnomnom".
                  But Linux wants to follow Unix principles much more closely than current BSDs so.. : shrug :
                  fixed. See here for details https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_p..._17_Unix_Rules
                  let them be free Windows governed by Microsoft.
                  Please note: MS didn't buy whole the LF and renamed it into "MS cocksuckers foundation", they are just one of many many many companies in there.
                  That's a road I won't follow Linux down myself.
                  Cheer up, reality is different from your nightmares.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    bullshit again. ms had 12% smartphone marketshare before android was released. explanation of their fiasco is too long for this thread, but it does not contain "they were late". android was late and it dominates now. you seem to be brainwashed by some propaganda
                    Using some 3rd "new" UI/OS simply does not catch because it feels "not normal" for people who have already strong habits. Unless that 3rd is significantly better than old UI's, which MS smartphones are not. Might as well have written, "were not".

In this light, it does not matter what MS market share was before Android. Android just did grab it by being better. If it was something roughly like Windows Mobile or Symbian, Android would have been nothing special and never have gotten such foothold on market.

And that's pretty much what I said.. Btw, crippled Pocket PC usable with one hand ain't really a "smartphone" in a modern sense, regardless how MS was calling 'em back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                      In this light, it does not matter what MS market share was before Android. Android just did grab it by being better. If it was something roughly like Windows Mobile or Symbian, Android would have been nothing special and never have gotten such foothold on market.
                      Let's not give the mass-market consumers any thought process or decision capability, as that would be contrary to reality.

Android grabbed the market because Google in its infinite wisdom prepared a trap for OEMs with it, the OEM fell into this and the mass-market bought whatever device was spammed in higher numbers by the best PR (happened to be Samsung).

Android was released pretty much free and with a permissive license (kernel excluded but does not really stop anyone), so OEMs could simply grab it and butcher it + add some useless secondary features to pretend that it was different/better from the Android in a competitor's device.

The only company that went hard on with Windows Phone until destruction was Nokia and because the CEO was uhm, "oriented" somehow by MS. Everyone else kept a fair distance, they had enough of Windows and all the rules it was imposing them, and how it limited their ability to try to make unbelievably crappy mono-brand walled-gardens with their own devices.

Really, Android is another good example of why EEE fails on Open Source. Actually adding something that makes it so much better than the other clones is so much above the OEM's abilities that they content themselves of pretending they are doing it with some window dressing.

Comment

Working...
                      X