Microsoft Joins The Linux Foundation As A Platinum Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please forgive me.

I was trying to put the messages from the thread that I posted in FreeBSD Forums, but the messages were not showing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      which only further demonstrates that you are a dumb troll. WTF has this to do with freeBSD?

dem kids these days....
      Said a brat that calls everyone else dumb.
      MS has it own FreeBSD version smartarse.

Comment

• No fear dude. Worst case every distro can ditch LinuxFoundation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          i already could name one idiot who thinks membership is not open for anyone willing to pay fee
          Same is a prostitute, open for anyone willing to pay fee.
          But should Linux allow the enemy of freedom, privacy and free software to join just because it got paid?
          I'm pretty sure Microsoft paid for one thing.
          The right to make decisions.
          I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft pushes some DRM, telemetry or other crap into Linux in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            There is no barrier to entry in the foundation. You pay, you get in, like everyone else.

Btw, if you look at the board members, there are also other grade A+++ assholes like Samsung, Oracle, Huawei (platinum members), Adobe, Allwinner, Autodesk, ARM, J.P. Morgan, Lenovo (silver members).

Linux Foundation members help support the development of shared technology resources while accelerating their own innovation through open source.

I mean, they have J-fucking-P-fucking-Morgan in there already.
            OMG, I wasn't aware of this.
            Even JP Morgan?
            Did the world forgot about Tesla?
            This world is stupider and shittier than I thought
            I thought the foundation was built to help Linux grow but I understand now that it was only to grow their pockets.
            I hope is no surprise for anyone when Linux will be destroyed by Microsoft from inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post
              Said a brat that calls everyone else dumb.
              MS has it own FreeBSD version smartarse.
              Which still matters 0% with the fact that MS has a platinum membership in Linux foundation, retarded dumb troll #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                I thought the foundation was built to help Linux grow but I understand now that it was only to grow their pockets.
                No, the point of linux foundation is that they grow their pockets by paying for linux development. As already explained by others, MS is into cloud services now, and this means they have to support and run linux or BSD too for customers (or in their own infrastructure, see their switches), and that will be a significant part of their cloud businness.

Most other companies in there use or target linux in (some of) their products.

Only outlier is jpMorgan, which I don't know why are there but are (very probably) paying Linux because they need it somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by SOUL_OF_ROOT View Post
                  I posted this same thread in FreeBSD Forums, but I was banned in FreeBSD Forums because of this topic:

Microsoft joins The Linux Foundation as a Platinum member
                  Yeah, another proof that you are a dumb troll. What makes you think that FreeBSD forums are the appropriate place to discuss Microsoft becoming Platinum member of Linux Foundation?

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                    Win95/98/98SE/NT3.5x/NT4/ME/2000 were literally identical barring different colorization and slight facelifts. XP had start button design made rounder and graphical. Vista/7 had start button made completely round. Principles of the UI logic have stood same for all that time. Change in that logic came only with Win8 and has now also stayed more or less the same since 8.1 and 10. UI logic would probably still be much the same and just natural evolution of the past if someone in MS did not think that trying for mobile market is bright idea and bringing designed-for-mobile-use UI on desktop would be even better.
                    by same bullshit arguments i can prove that gnome had same ui since first release
                    users are concerned when menu elements and buttons move to other place so they can't find them anymore and it happened continuously
                    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                    MS was late comer in smartphone niche.
                    bullshit again. ms had 12% smartphone marketshare before android was released. explanation of their fiasco is too long for this thread, but it does not contain "they were late". android was late and it dominates now. you seem to be brainwashed by some propaganda

Comment

• Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post
                      Windows still looks like windows. It doesn't look like macOS or Gnome3. So UI stays the same. A modified start isn't a big redesign.
                      lol that is why they had so much backlash for tiles so they moved back. btw, gnome also looks like gnome, not like windows

Comment

Working...
                      X