X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post

Russia is currently fighting an illegal war they started themselves in Ukraine. They kill innocent people almost daily because they believe Novorossiya should be part of their magnificent country again. Almost 1% of their population has HIV, but who cares.
    War is only illegal if you lose.
    Since it's not over yet...

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    You guys can start by allowing elected officials to finish there term before you murder them. That might be the actual trick, stop murdering your own people!
    uhm...
    WAT?

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    You will have to explain that one to me, duby. Murdering officials and rememberance arent commonly related themes.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
    aht0 beeing a German it's hard to not connect oneself to the second world war, because "we" started the whole mess. And we're still having problems with the right wing, see the "afd" and "npd" for example. We mustn't forget our hostory to never let anything like that happen ever again!
    You guys can start by allowing elected officials to finish there term before you murder them. That might be the actual trick, stop murdering your own people!

Leave a comment:

• RavFX
    replied
    Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Klaus Rock says:

Dear "ravfx",

Yes of course it is true that http2 will address some of the well know issues.
    But really not all and please remember until http2 is available on all existing Web Servers will need at lease 3 - 5 Years.
    It's available on all webserver and all browser.. hahaha I'm serving http2 since 1 year and a half...

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Regarding the *actual protocol*.... this has a very strangely familiar feeling to it, like I think I may have invented it. As in I wrote my Master's Thesis on this kind of an adaptation to HTTP over 10 years ago. There are certain circumstances where you can, as the server, calculate the dependencies for an HTML document, then rather than have the client request the HTML first, then figure out some of its own dependencies, then request those, and you end up with latency on top of latency on top of latency and an attempt to reduce the impact of sequential file retrieval by creating multiple connections (streams) and retrieving them in parallel, you just have the server send the whole heap down at once in a compressed block on a single connection.

And while it can yield a significant performance increase, it creates a problem when you start to think about what files the client has ALREADY RETRIEVED. For instance, site A page 1 has dependencies of {a, b, c, d, e, f, g}, and site A page 2 has dependencies of {b, e, f, h, i, j}. If you've already retrieved page 1 and then go over to page 2, you should only retrieve dependencies {h, i, j} since you already have {b, e, f} from the retrieval of page 1. That means that you end up actually *increasing* your bandwidth requirements -- though it *could* still improve performance. That is, unless you can figure out some reliable way for the server to keep track of what client has retrieved what dependencies. Not impossible mind you, but adds a lot of overhead to the server.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
    aht0 beeing a German it's hard to not connect oneself to the second world war, because "we" started the whole mess. And we're still having problems with the right wing, see the "afd" and "npd" for example. We mustn't forget our hostory to never let anything like that happen ever again!
    There's nothing wrong with right wing, as long as it isn't psychotic.

And FWIW: WW2 was started by ENGLAND as a consequence of how they dealt with Germany following WW1. Essentially, Germany was being held liable for the damages inflicted during WW1, and they were given an **impossible** set of requirements for repayment. This created very severe economic conditions that made it possible for a **fucking lunatic** to get into a position of power and start a war. It also didn't help that England didn't keep up with their inspections (for weapons manufacturing) and sanctions (Germany just *stopped* paying, that *should* have been followed up by severe external pressure).

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied
    Originally posted by kilbith View Post
    How is this discussion about WWII is fucking related with the article ? ...

What does the administration / moderation do on Phoronix ?
    Come on dude, a German company is calling something SS.
    What did you expect?

Leave a comment:

• anda_skoa
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    Yeah, and if it was done by anyone other than German company - for example by Austrian, it would get zero attention.
    No. Maybe (and that is a very unlikely maybe) not internationally, but the uproar in Austra itself would be tremendous.

And that is for the SS name part thing, using the swastika would even be illegal.

Cheers,
    _

Leave a comment:

• 1Samildanach
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    It was to bring Freedom and Democracy to Poor Oppressed or to stop International Terrorism, you silly.

Although in many cases it wasn't officially NATO but USA+ token "coalition" of others.
    To be fair, for the past decade or so they've mostly stuck to getting rid of people they put into power in the first place (e.g. the Taliban and Iraq's Ba'athist party).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X