No announcement yet.

FSF, RMS Issue Statements Over Libreboot's Accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. I'll start donating to the FSF then. Tired of this SJW nonsense and hopefully it doesn't spread to free software.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
      I will be doubling my annual donation to the FSF because they didn't cave to this juvenile SJW nonsense.
      I will di the same. However I will also withhold one annual donation for caving to referring to that person as "she", hence it will remain unchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post
        I disagree. A rather small amount of damage to the FSF perhaps, presumably incurring corresponding reactionary damage to FSF & its supporters' perception of her, but I wouldn't consider her to have "damaged her reputation" or that of her project in any wider sense. Quite the contrary in fmy own view. She clearly appears to have taken a stand on a matter of conscience.
        But that's why I emphasise the importance of proof. If her accusations were demonstrated to be correct, I would agree with you - making a stand based on conscience is a fine thing. But that's only as long as people can see that your cause is right - so until some substance is provided to back up those accusations, I'd maintain that she's only harming herself and her cause.

Comment

This reeks of SJW nonsense.

Leah is now calling not just for the resignation/firing of the executive director but also the two employees allegedly involved in this incident. She is also calling for a boycott on the FSF and more projects to leave the GNU. She is also seeking that the Free Software Foundation refund $6120 USD she has reportedly donated to them since last year.
          Seriously? I think she's gone off the deep end.

Comment

Originally posted by ParticleBoard View Post
            This coming from a guy that thinks suicide is not indicative of a mental health issue.
            In the case of transgendered folks, a heightened suicide rate probably says more about society's acceptance of them than it does about it being a mental illness. In other words, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Treat it as a mental illness and it becomes a mental illness by adding to the ostracizing trans people already face through ignorant/hateful people . It's the same with homosexual people who go to a therapist/psychiatrist and are told to, "Pray the gay away!" (*cough* Texas).

Comment

Did anyone else notice that https://libreboot.org/gnu/ talks about Leah in the 3rd person? This makes it sound as though at least one other Libreboot developer agrees with Leah's position and actions. The page git history says something different though.

Comment

Originally posted by eidolon View Post
                Only if you are cisgendered. Refunds are transacted in a smoke-filled room by a person with a Snidely Whiplash-esque mustache. /s
                I think you meant to say refunds are cisacted

Comment

I wonder who paid this libreboot jerk?

Comment

Originally posted by darkfires View Post
                    S/he's obviously fucking nuts... "She was identified as a threat to the FSF's internal stability", of that I have no doubt. S/he's a threat to her own psychological stability.
                    And nobody should care about transgender nonsense. Nobody should care about freaking immigrants as well. They should go to israel. Why israel doesn't accept them? Most politicians of many countries are freaking idiots and they're ruining our civilization intentionally. They should be killed on sight.

Comment

I'm not super fond of the FSF but this is beginning to look like an attempted hit-job by some crazy proprietary nut.
                      Kind of like the right-wing nutbags we have on this board.

Comment

Working...
                      X