Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dank memes

Comment

The employee who was fired should be named now that the people she has accused have been named.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazturtle View Post
        The employee who was fired should be named now that the people she has accused have been named.
        No, you shouldn't fight evil with evil. We don't even know who the employee is or what her opinion is. Subjecting her to what this clown subjected to the people she named doesn't make things better.

Comment

so in the article there's mention of the 120 generated comments by the previous article.. was there really need to put a link to them as well??? is it just for embarrassing ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by ParticleBoard View Post
            I went and read this page https://www.fsf.org/about/staff-and-board/ and given the descriptions of the people involved I seriously doubt they did what they are accused of. But now they are forever slandered on an internet which never forgets.
            So, by reading 4 sentences in a site you know enough about them? Yeah, that makes sense.

How about you don't post random bs just to oppose people? She is very wrong, but you manage to be very wrong too if you follow the same way.

Comment

There are two issues. Accusations of harrassment of an employee and subsequent firing and the idea that it makes FSF anti-freedom and thus everyone should leave.

It's a bad combo. I think the accusations of an improper firing need to be looked into perhaps. But seems the FSF is pretty confident that the termination was justified. So, we'll see. Now... raising the "transgender" flag and trying to make it all about that... probably is just a sideline issue (perhaps)... but having a special interest group try to seek "revenge" by smearing everything about FSF... not sure if that's a great strategy.

I don't think either side is "telling the truth"... though I'm not saying they are lying. Information is being withheld (maybe because it's none of our business or because there could ramifications if leaked out) and certainly there is a perception that the root cause has to be about a anti-tramsgender position (which may or may not be true).

Let's see how this plays out. I've always regarded the FSF as one of the most socially liberal (non-conservative) origanizations on the planet. But sometimes the socially liberal can eat their own...

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                so in the article there's mention of the 120 generated comments by the previous article.. was there really need to put a link to them as well??? is it just for embarrassing ourselves?
                No, it's needed to show that even on this board where only the finest representatives of the FOSS community dwell, many are evil transophobic nazi talibans so it validates their claim that even in FSF there are some too, and it generally gives off the right vibe of "we are poor victims of discrimination everywhere" that is necessary for the article.

Please note, I'm just explaining their thought processes, I don't agree with the above.

Comment

Maybe it is something trivially like the one person said "they hate me cause I am trans" or something like that and was fired for being annoying about that... in this situation you can frame the thing as you like

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
                    Maybe it is something trivially like the one person said "they hate me cause I am trans" or something like that and was fired for being annoying about that... in this situation you can frame the thing as you like
                    Maybe this person is fictional and exists only in the imagination of Leah.
                    Really, we can't know until someone starts a proper trial.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Maybe this person is fictional and exists only in the imagination of Leah.
                      Really, we can't know until someone starts a proper trial.
                      exactly

Comment

Working...
                      X