Libreboot Leaves The GNU, The Free Software Foundation Denounced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post

Did somebody notice the signature in her email still proudly contains all the links to both, FSF and GNU.
    sure did

Comment

I really want to hear all sides of this story. As someone who has worked with LGBQT people in the past and who lives in an area with a significant number of them, I can tell you that many of them are not easy to work/get-along with and do not do their peers or co-workers any favors by using the excuse that they are "just being themselves" to justify any bad/inappropriate behavior that they do in their personal or professional lives or going ballistic when they feel as if they are not the center of the universe. That being said, I would certainly believe that there could have been discrimination towards this individual who was removed from the employee roster, but I'm not going to just accept that as fact until I see some actual evidence of it.

Comment

When did Phoronix become overrun with North Carolina politicians?

Wait.. you advocate freedom of speech right?

Comment

For the love of god keep Social Justice out of FOSS, it's the last thing not to be touched by this cancer.
          I'll take betting odds that this is complete rubbish, Otherwise they would have provided evidence.
          As a sexual minority, I feel sorry that FOSS people have to put up with these dimwits, We are not all like this.
          This victim culture has gotten out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

you misunderstood. The main problem about the mail are the claims without sources, not about all that SJW or transgender thing. That is completely irrelevant. If you start to discuss SJW and transgender things following the mail you can only lose.

The form of claiming such things is _bad_, real bad, so bad I would fire person doing claims in such a silly way causing only troubles and destroy peaceful environments within companies, which _is_ a valid reason to fire somebody and every sane court will agree here.
            Welcome to a post snowflake world.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
              Welcome to a post snowflake world.
              Right. No one ever made unsubstantiated claims before. It must be that new-fangled snowflake theory...

Comment

the heck is "post snowflake world"?

Comment

Basically, "I'm special and unique (like a snowflake)." I have no idea when the person that wrote "snowflake world" thinks it started (maybe a few years ago for the new baktun), nor do I have any idea what it has to do with one making unsubstantiated claims.

Comment

Have you not heard the term "special snowflake"? It came about as a result of the "Me Generation" and it's only used in negative connotation to refer to people who think they are special, unique, or otherwise noteworthy simply for who/what they are or believe themselves to be, which is a big component of LGBQT narcissism/positivity/affirmation. As a result of these beliefs, we have a generation of - some often say - spoiled and entitled younger people, who basically demand things or have grandiose expectations as to how they will be received/treated in the world at large. Now, some of that ties into the discrimination against LGBQT individuals, which is not okay, but their obsessive need for validation/affirmation has pretty much made them insufferable to many, as a result of their belief that they are "special" or "superior" to non-LGBQT people, which many seem to outright state or promote through their actions.

Comment

isn't that kind of "LGBQT" just an excessive way to express you are more special than "other special" people? Like normal "fad" in the youth early or late adolescence? Like you usually see some "style" within specific generations?

Comment

Working...
                      X