No announcement yet.

Libreboot Leaves The GNU, The Free Software Foundation Denounced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive bitch fit with unsubstantiated accusations. No facts, just emotions - good job libreboot leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei View Post
      Massive bitch fit with unsubstantiated accusations. No facts, just emotions - good job libreboot leader.
      and _that_ is the main issue about the mail, nothing else.

Comment

There is more clarification about the situation if you click the link at the end of the article and read the actual message the article is referencing....

It seems most of the people who have commented here didn't take those few seconds.

Comment

Did FSF fire someone for being trans-gendered?...

Or did they fire someone who was trans-gendered?

There's a pretty huge difference here, and apparently these days you can't do the latter because of the former, maybe people should just stop hiring trans-gendered people to avoid shitstorms like this to begin with. (And btw if FSF were really idiots who fire people for being trans-gendered, they never woulda hired him in the first place I bet.)

Comment

Originally posted by Geopirate View Post
            There is more clarification about the situation if you click the link at the end of the article and read the actual message the article is referencing....

It seems most of the people who have commented here didn't take those few seconds.
            there is no clarification in the email, sorry. Just somebody telling that something might have happened, no sources, no clarifications.

Comment

Btw I read that, and it's pretty clear she jumped the gun. First and foremost; where do you think her information about what happened to that employee came from?

Sounds like she's only heard the employee's side of the story. She has not heard the FSF's side.

Comment

and without sources, that email is without _any_ value. None at all. You could ignore it simply, cause it isn't worth a thing. People have to understand that such "rants" aren't worth spending time on, cause everybody could do that just for the effect of it.

First sources, secondly don't be overdramatic, then we can talk.

Comment

I'm in defence of the dev here, and I can say that it doesn't really add much clarification. She's made a claim about a situation that no-one seems to be able to verify. If it turns out that there is more to this story, which there probably is because as many have noted this seems very counter to the normal operation of the FSF, then everything is an over-reaction. If it has indeed happened as she has claimed then the FSF may need to look at their policies and management with a serious eye

Comment

Sounds like a defence tactic to be honest. "I was fired for something I did wrong, how can I spin this in my favour?" - hence the lack of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Enverex View Post
                      Sounds like a defence tactic to be honest. "I was fired for something I did wrong, how can I spin this in my favour?" - hence the lack of evidence.
                      let's not jump into conclusions

Comment

Working...
                      X