No announcement yet.

Libreboot Leaves The GNU, The Free Software Foundation Denounced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In support of arboy84's post, here's the Wikipedia link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

You'll find references at the bottom.

Comment

And in march the "progressives", quoting pseudo science and calling everyone who disagrees bigots/racists/xyzphobic. It's such a overused tactic it's just a cliche now. I mean it's $currentYear, for christ sakes this is still going and it's $currentYear.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
        Leah Rowe and her ilk are a bunch of ignorant philistines. Besides, gender identity disorder is a mental illness, not something to celebrate.
        Look who just made his way over from Saudi Arabia to attack our western values!

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Look who just made his way over from Saudi Arabia to attack our western values!
          Hormone disorders aren't western values

Comment

This seems so unlike RMS, I have a hard time believing it, also I'm unable to find any information on that subject.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
              This seems so unlike RMS, I have a hard time believing it, also I'm unable to find any information on that subject.
              We don't know if RMS had any knowledge or involvement in this at all, but it does seem out of character for the FSF as a whole given their love for Outreachy etc. I suspect there's a lot more to this that will come out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                We don't know if RMS himself had any knowledge or part in this whatsoever, but it does seem out of character for the FSF as a whole considering their support for Outreachy etc. I suspect we'll hear a lot more about it very soon.

Comment

Being transgendered is *not* a hormone disorder. What you're talking about is being transsexual, a completely different thing.
                  (sex: biological, gender: social construct)

Back on topic: Given what we know about RMS, I'd strongly doubt that this story is true. The GNU website seems to be down as well, so I'd suspect that they might have been hacked...

Comment

This sounds like something that should be actually clarified in one way or the other instead of being hearsay that is passed around because someone curses the other over the internet in public but gives no further information. This reminds me of people writing public facebook messages like "Some people should really get their s**t in order." with people speculating in the comments what it's all about.

RMS seemed socially liberal to me. But I can be wrong of course. Maybe someone else in the FSF was the actual transgressor toward LBGT-rights (at least this term was given).

To all those, who wrote comments so far, that expresses their 19th century world views: For something to be qualified as a mental illness, it has to actually cause suffering. Someone identifying as female, who identified as male before, is not an issue to anyone who generally accepts the concept of personal liberty. If anything might be a candidate for mental illness, it is transphobia, because it causes the afflicted to harbor ill feelings towards other people for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post
                      Back on topic: Given what we know about RMS, I'd strongly doubt that this story is true. The GNU website seems to be down as well, so I'd suspect that they might have been hacked...
                      The website seems to working fine on my end, maybe they just had a temporary down? And as Sluthy said, we don't know if RMS knew about this at all. To be honest I am not sure how much input he has on the day to day running of the FSF, particularly on the HR side of things. It's also possible that both Leah (and us by extension) haven't heard the full story and something more might have gone down that makes this not about the employee being trans.

Comment

Working...
                      X