Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 49 To Offer Linux Widevine Support, Firefox Also Working On WebP Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    @TheLexMachine

reply stuck in queue again.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    If you get something without asking the owner permission, you're failing at stuff that you should have learned at like 5yo.

Also, as others said, a reasonable amount of piracy is actually beneficial to them, so that "pirate shit because they are evil" is plain stupid.
    -Nobody- has to ask, all anybody has to do is click a link.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post

No cupcake, it's not and what I said is exactly what the Firefox devs say. Don't believe me? See for yourself right here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=563206
    You obviously didn't even read that bug report. I just skimmed it and I could see that you're wrong. What they actually say there is the codebase was written on and for windows and as such they can't make it work reliably on linux. That's fine, but now it's time to throw that bullshit garbage away and START OVER! Mplayer, xine, gstreamer, vlc, etc, etc. Choices abound! Make one!

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    Yes, stealing is stealing. But what does that have to do with copyright infringement as a form of civil disobedience?
    Does civil disobedience cover stealing? Because copyright infringement by torrenting is stealing.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    You obviously have no clue what you're saying. information is free. It always will be free. You can't steal what is freely available. Hollywood can't do shit about it and they never will.
    If you get something without asking the owner permission, you're failing at stuff that you should have learned at like 5yo.

Also, as others said, a reasonable amount of piracy is actually beneficial to them, so that "pirate shit because they are evil" is plain stupid.

Leave a comment:

• TheLexMachine
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

That right here is total bullshit.
    No cupcake, it's not and what I said is exactly what the Firefox devs say. Don't believe me? See for yourself right here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=563206

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
    ⁺¹, I happen to live in a big country, where outside of offices and OEMs, you hardly ever find a license copy of Windows. If peoples here were forced to really pay for Windows, GNU/Linux would have been much more popular. But for now in 95% common offices Windows OS is used — due to the net effect.
    Which is why I'm saying "for the love of zod, if you want to damage them, BOYCOTT, not STEAL". If you steal you become a pawn of them because of the net effect.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by coder111 View Post
    If we are going to play word games, can we please replace "stealing" with "unauthorized copying" as that is what it is.
    We can, but "unauthorized copying" is still stealing.
    And the relationship between piracy and lost sales is too murky to call all piracy stealing.
    The fact that it does not lead to loss of profits does not mean that it isn't stealing.
    Sorry pal, but if you get someone else's stuff without asking or without following the rules, you are stealing.
    And even if it's stealing in some cases, maybe it's stealing from major corporations that have screwed up public domain and public cultural heritage by bribing the government and endlessly extending copyright length. So I say fuck them. Movies released >20 years ago and songs released >10 years ago should be public domain anyway.
    Still does not make it right, nor the best course of action.
    The right way is boycott, that is you don't buy and don't use.
    You said it above, if you pirate you end up as a pawn in their own game and boosting their name/IP/whatever and keeping their sales alive.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    imo this forum needs a hate button and a bullshit button too.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    @TheLexMachine
    reply stuck in queue

Leave a comment:

Working...
X