Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SF Conservancy Speaks Out Against Developer Doing GPL Enforcement For Financial Gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

You're an idiot. I never said anything at all like that in this thread or any other. You have no idea what guerilla warfare is apparently and you're unable to conclude it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

EDIT: You do realize the British were highly unwelcome, they got fired at from every angle everywhere they went. They never had a chance to win, even if the colonial army never formed, the British still would have lost the revolution.
    Dude, quit while you're behind.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

You can hail the queen all you want, But thanks to my forefathers, I'm sure as hell glad I don't have to.I'm gonna vote for Hillary, not that I like her, but because I think she will end up with a whole lot -less- power than Trump would. Weaker governments are better for the whole world. And a population that can stand up to their government ensures it'll stay that way.

Comment

You're an idiot. I never said anything at all like that in this thread or any other. You have no idea what guerilla warfare is apparently and you're unable to conclude it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

EDIT: You do realize the British were highly unwelcome, they got fired at from every angle everywhere they went. They never had a chance to win, even if the colonial army never formed, the British still would have lost the revolution. The very day the British landed their main force it was ambushed by regular people and nearly defeated. If nothing else they would have lost through attrition.
        Yes, because their military had exactly 0 training to counteract guerrilla warfare, as the 17th century warfare was not anything like it as I already said.
        Redcoats were trained to fight in rigid formations, in the open, and were NOT trained to aim when shooting. Stealth was unknown to 17th century military. They had no easy access to supplies, no modern artillery, no NSA, no drones, no total control over Internet and any half-decent communication device.
        Yet it wasn't terribly easy to defeat them, mostly because civilians also sucked balls hard too and not everyone was ready to actually do something and risk his ass for revolution, please source better history books.

Really, any parallel with modern day with US army (more like the federals given the realistic size of any "revolutionary" group) fighting inside their own country and controlling the media (and thus pubblic opinion of the events) is null and void.

You are being lied to, they want you to believe you have a way out of trouble by buying stuff that makes them richer, by exploiting an amendment that was true and useful centuries ago.
        Will you take the blue pill and be a good sheeple with his racks of useless guns or take the red one and finally figure out that guns are just toys in the grand scheme of things?
        Last edited by starshipeleven; 22 July 2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          Don't ruin my fun lol.
          Last edited by starshipeleven; 22 July 2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Yes, because their military had exactly 0 training to counteract guerrilla warfare, as the 17th century warfare was not anything like it as I already said.
            Redcoats were trained to fight in rigid formations, in the open, and were NOT trained to aim when shooting. Stealth was unknown to 17th century military. They had no easy access to supplies, no modern artillery, no NSA, no drones, no total control over Internet and any half-decent communication device.
            Yet it wasn't terribly easy to defeat them, mostly because civilians also sucked balls hard too and not everyone was ready to actually do something and risk his ass for revolution, please source better history books.

Really, any parallel with modern day with US army (more like federals) fighting inside their own country and controlling the media (and thus pubblic opinion of the events) is null and void.

You are being lied to, the want you to believe you have a way out of trouble by buying stuff that makes them richer, by exploiting an amendment that was true and useful centuries ago.
            Will you take the blue pill and be a good sheeple with his racks of useless guns or take the red one and finally figure out that guns are just toys in the grand scheme of things?
            You have no idea what you're talking about. You act like guerilla warfare is new. Hate to burst your bubble.....

Comment

You have no idea what you're talking about. You act like guerilla warfare is new. Hate to burst your bubble.....
              Blue pill is your choice then.

Comment

Blue pill is your choice then.
                Experience the largest outdoor educational living museum in the country, through immersive and authentic 18th-century programming for our guests.

*Guerrilla Warfare.* Guerrilla warfare (the word guerrilla comes from the Spanish meaning “little war”) is often the means used by weaker nations or military organizations against a larger, stronger foe.

In the new book Invisible Armies, author Max Boot traces the role of guerrilla warfare through history, starting in the Roman Empire all the way up to Afghanistan. He tells Steve Inskeep the American Revolution was the turning point in guerrilla warfare.

There's plenty more, I can keep copy and pasting if you really want, or you can do your own google search for crying out loud.

Comment

There's plenty more, I can keep copy and pasting if you really want, or you can do your own google search for crying out loud.
                  You made your choice, sleep well Alice.

Comment

You made your choice, sleep well Alice.
                    For anybody else that don't feel like google searching for themselves or just clicking on links, here are some quotes.....

Experience the largest outdoor educational living museum in the country, through immersive and authentic 18th-century programming for our guests.

Defeated at Yorktown, Cornwallis wrote to his commander, Sir Henry Clinton,
                    “I will not say much in praise of the Militia of the Southern Colonies, but the list of British officers and Soldiers killed or wounded by them since last June, proves but too fatally that they are not wholly contemptible.”
                    *Guerrilla Warfare.* Guerrilla warfare (the word guerrilla comes from the Spanish meaning “little war”) is often the means used by weaker nations or military organizations against a larger, stronger foe.

During the Revolutionary War, the guerrilla legacy was reflected in Col. Ethan Allen's capture of Ticonderoga (1775); Col. Francis Marion's operations against Col. Bonastre Tarleton's cavalry (1780); and Brig. Gen. Daniel Morgan's victory at the Battle of Cowpens (1781). Gen. Nathanael Greene even developed principles of guerrilla warfare in his successful campaign against the British in the South (1780–81). During the Civil War, the outnumbered Confederate forces featured several guerrilla leaders, including Col. John Singleton Mosby and Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest.

First, one should never underestimate the power of a people fighting for the right to self-determination (as the United States itself would learn 200 years later, in Vietnam). Second, as Vietnam also demonstrated, the home field advantage is a considerable one, regardless of the seemingly insurmountable firepower and resources commanded by invading armies. Ironically, Americans during the Revolutionary War adopted many of the guerrilla warfare tactics of the Indians whom they had battled on and off for so many years
                    In the new book Invisible Armies, author Max Boot traces the role of guerrilla warfare through history, starting in the Roman Empire all the way up to Afghanistan. He tells Steve Inskeep the American Revolution was the turning point in guerrilla warfare.

What were the strategies that the American rebels used when they were rebels?

BOOT: Well, it first of all, comes down to not coming out into the open where you could be annihilated by the superior firepower of the enemy. The British got a taste of how the Americans would fight on the very first day of the Revolution, with the shot heard around the world, the Battle of Lexington and Concorde, where the British regulars marched through the Massachusetts countryside.

And the Americans did not mass in front of them but instead chose to slither on their bellies - these Yankees scoundrels, as the British called them - and fired from behind trees and stone walls. And not come out until the kind of open gentleman's fight that the British expected, and instead, took a devastating toll on the British regiment.
                    That's just the tip of the iceberg.... There is so much more.....

Comment

And of course, you once again quote out of context. Did you bother trying to read the links I provided at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X