Systemd Reverts Its Stance On Letting Users Access Frame-Buffer Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
    Call me crazy but the more I read about the Systemd philosophy, the more I love it.
    I'll call you crazy but...just watch yourself...

CRAZY

**runs**

Comment

Call me crazy but the more I read about the Systemd philosophy, the more I love it.
      I'll call you crazy BUT...I'm watching you...

CRAZY!!!

**runs**

Comment

Ok, but, I'm keeping an eye on you....:

CRAZY

**runs**

PS:This is the third time I've had to post this, and, lets just say, my spontaneous post feels much less...apropos.

Comment

Originally posted by Vax456 View Post
          I don't have that much of a beef with systemd, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't worry about using it. For example, after an update to one of my CentOS boxes, Tomcat wouldn't start from systemd. The journald logs were littered with "Could not find class $JAVA_OPTS" messages. Turns out that variable's are not expanded in EnvironmentFile declarations, and my Tomcat config was littered with JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS ..." declarations. Variable expansion has never been supported in systemd. The part that worries me is if variable expansion was never supported, how were the variables getting expanded this whole time until the last update?

So yeah, there's updates for closing security holes, and there's updates for fixing some goof. Someone will always find a way to rely on a bug, and when its fixed, be prepared for the shitstorm that's to come.
          People who noticed probably ended doing what I did IOW start wrapper POSIX shell that expands variables and execs actual service

Comment

Working...
          X