X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eidolon
    replied
    Originally posted by eidolon View Post
    If the past is any indication, March's numbers might end up being slightly adjusted.
    . . .
    March 2016 figures updated to:
    Linux 0.84% (-0.07% change from February)

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Athlon for gaming? That CPU is so slow that any i3 would beat it. If you compare FX CPUs then maybe compare FX-8350 vs i5. Then the diff is not more than 50 €

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @debianxfce

How much do you save with your slow AMD system against B150 and i5-6? Will be hard to save more than 50 € and you can use DDR4 with Intel. AMD still uses DDR3 which will be outdated with the next boards.

Leave a comment:

• eddielinux
    replied
    Originally posted by b15hop View Post

This guy has a point you know. I have played Dota 2 on a windows machine and on Linux and experienced input lag. Linux should in theory should have less lag than windows. I remember running Unreal Tournament x64bit back in the day, it ran far better on Linux than it ever did on windows. So why is it now with steam and their persistent use of 32bit? I wonder if it's a game related thing rather than a Linux thing. Or is it just steam... Who knows. I don't see how understanding programming C or C++ is going to improve your gaming experience on Linux anyway. Users just want to use the computer to do stuff. Not everyone is a developer. This mentality is the biggest issue for the Linux community. Just because I develop software, doesn't make the next person a developer. What if they just want something simple like Ubuntu with word processing and a bit of gaming? Where does it say explicitly that they need to be game developers?
    Well, you don't see as I see, with robots growth in mostly common areas we will be forced to work in other things in the future which is probably maintaining machines, we cannot avoid this kind of future because this is the thing that all wealth companies want, they have the money and everybody who hasn't will need to work, they are willing robots which never complain, never get tired and do their work with mostly 100% accuracy, once achieved will be a hard time for who wants a simple life, everybody will be pushed to the new kind of "surviving of fittest"... Whatever you learn will be a new tool in your hand or am I wrong?
    Last edited by eddielinux; 14 April 2016, 02:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by geearf View Post
    That is unlikely unless we do meet.
    And even then, I don't use skype so it wouldn't work out.
    Ohhhh...... I feel so rejected...

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    Originally posted by dimko View Post

I can be your friend
    That is unlikely unless we do meet.
    And even then, I don't use skype so it wouldn't work out.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by geearf View Post

(..)
    I can be your friend

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    It is no wonder that it is dropping. We tested new Payday 2 linux version, it requires pulseaudio for sound. In my machine pulseaudio takes 10% cpu time when playing music. With 750ti, x4 860k and fullhd the fps is 30-60, same as with windows version and gstreamer.
    On my machine with jackd configured, the pulsetojack pulse module uses more than 10% when idle.
    It's also impossible to find audio software that uses pulse, and it's near impossible to have chromium with a jack backend.
    Steamos also uses pulse, which is very noticable on my steam machine. And when streaming it's even more terrible because the audio is synced to the local sink (that I don't want to use) and not to the remote sink.
    I must admit that using jack over network is pretty neat and fast. Especially nice if you have more systems with midi devices and only one audio output.

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    Originally posted by mandersson View Post
    I have moved all my gaming from my linux desktop to my alienware steam machine which do not get the survey. So i am at least partly responsible for these declining numbers.Sorry
    I have never seen this survey. 10 year steam user... And linux steam user since day one. And I have a zotac nen steam machine. With 16GB RAM and 250GB SSD :-).

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    Originally posted by dimko View Post

Then you don't have friends, just buddies

(..)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X