Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varikonniemi
    replied
    When even valve has zero push towards Linux what can you expect? The latest proof: valve oculus tool only runs on windows

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    I think Valve should have worked with Nvidia AND AMD to get their drivers up to snuff, that includes adding in all the VSYNC / SLI Methods correctly.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post
    We'll see if Steam Machines can make a difference.
    They've been out for quite some time. They have bad reviews, just like the controller itself. No wonder people don't rush to buy them.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    The thing is, while it is definitely possible to play on Linux, there are basically no advantages. The gfx drivers situation is still a big mess and the selection of games is a small subset of what is available on Windows. We'll see if Steam Machines can make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan Silverblood
    replied
    I got the survey some month back and decided not to answer since I know it has a broken bias. I see no point in trying to make it "look" better, I'd rather have it be wrong in an obvious way.

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    Vendor support, Vendor support, Vendor support is what I say. Until then I don't think much will happen. We can't all have Nvidia everything, afterall.

Leave a comment:

• ruinairas
    replied
    Quality != Quantity, nor does Quantity = Quality. The overall experience has to be smooth for a gamer to be satisfied with the linux platform. The hit and miss state Linux is in when it comes to games is the reason why there isn't much of a change in marketshare. Just stating the facts, even though they do suck. We need a full library of quality games that work on Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA GPUS. The drivers need to match that of Windows, not to mention have all the features that the windows versions have (Nvidia ShadowPlay, Gamestream, ect to name a few). In a sense if Linux can become like Windows right now as a free platform, open source, and secure then it'll be a liable gaming platform. <<<Windows gaming isn't that great as of late either, there are a lot of broken games being released.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    To be honest, years ago when Steam came to Linux I didn't think it would end up being this bad.

There really is no financial justification for a developer to target Linux or even OS X.

Leave a comment:

• tegs
    replied
    Is anyone surprised?

1.) Most consumers don't know about GNU/Linux
    2.) If they do, they are unfamiliar and unwilling to change
    3.) The installer (dual booting or not) can be intimidating even with Ubuntu for newbs
    4.) They may have been told it is communistic and could ruin your system
    5.) Steam and its games are non-free, thus against the true spirit of GNU/Linux
    6.) Windows has all the games

Leave a comment:

• SaucyJack
    replied
    The last survey on Linux I received froze steam when I clicked submit. So, not accurate might be an understatement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X