Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaucyJack
    replied
    The last survey on Linux I received froze steam when I clicked submit. So, not accurate might be an understatement.

Leave a comment:

• Iksf
    replied
    I play almost entirely on Linux and only hop to Windows for the odd game I can't. Despite thousands of hours on the Linux steam and maybe a couple of hundred on the Windows one, I've had 2 survey prompts on Windows and none on Linux. Subjective and probably baseless complaining here, just fucking annoying.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    I still think that, just by virtue of it being Steam, it's introducing a hard-to-estimate bias. I can't be the only Linux user who shuns Steam in favour of sites like GOG because of the DRM and, of all the platforms, Linux would be the most appealing to people who shun DRM.
    Last edited by ssokolow; 01 March 2016, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Med_
    replied
    Originally posted by vortex View Post
    This is dumb, the survey isn't given out to all people, and not everyone who gets one bothers to send it back.
    So, what is the point of this?
    Well, there is a thing called statistics that allows you to get a good idea of the distribution from a fairly small sample. One can even estimate the uncertainties on the estimates from the size of the sample. The bigger the sample, the better naturally. That being said, as far as I remember one of the issues is that steambox owners do not get the survey. So there is a potential for underestimating the number of linux users. However I suspect that Valve has more accurate numbers than these ones. I would be surprised if Steam does not send the OS information at startup.

Leave a comment:

• vortex
    replied
    This is dumb, the survey isn't given out to all people, and not everyone who gets one bothers to send it back.
    So, what is the point of this?

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    ZOMG [ ] Panic Button ] [ ] Don't Panic Button ]

Everybody panic!

/Sarcasm

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Linux Gaming Marketshare Regressed So Far 2016

Linux Gaming Marketshare Regressed So Far 2016

Phoronix: Linux Gaming Marketshare Regressed So Far 2016

While more Steam Linux games continue to appear, the overall market-share still hasn't been trending upwards in the Linux battle against Windows and OS X...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...16-Steam-Stats
Working...
X