Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web programming: Which language should I learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web programming: Which language should I learn?

Hi,
    I'm a telecommunications engineer. I've worked in the past in many areas though more or less there was some programming in all of them. I've worked with C, C++, Python, a bit of Java..
    Now, things here in Spain are not as good as we'd like so my idea is looking for something abroad. I'm seeing there's many positions related to web programming, so in order to not close many doors I've decided to learn about it (I've never touched this).
    I've seen many big companies programming in Java for Web with Spring MVC. I've heard about Django for Python and Ruby on Rails for Ruby. Of course there's PHP.
    To be honest, I don't know any pros and cons, nor what it's being more used or will be in the future, nor the technical stuff with either one of them, so I ask you guys seeking for some guidance. I know there will probably be different answers but just the reasoning behind every one will be valuable.

Cheers.

Stick with what you know and you state you know enuf to be (quite) dangerous. I'd say stick with applying Python( v.3.* of course ) as needed.
    The web framework, e.g., Django, chosen really depends on the project size and scope. ...
    Somewhere in there you will need some HTML 5 knowledge too, ...what's a good website these days without video? A: Not much.
    A good source for info is Lynda.com. They have, probably, everything you could need in terms of training and certification to prove you successfully completed training.

Comment

Working...
    X