Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CES 2016 Won't Be Too Exciting For Linux Desktop Enthusiasts

Phoronix: CES 2016 Won't Be Too Exciting For Linux Desktop Enthusiasts

While there will be many Android-powered devices, various appliances powered by Linux from drones to kitchen appliances, and other products internally relying upon Linux and open-source software, don't expect to find much with regard to the Linux desktop and even Steam Machines will seem to be rather low-key...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about Vulkan?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      What about Vulkan?
      Probably late Spring.

Comment

All I want is AMD to catch up to the level Nvidia drivers are at under Linux.
        I really want to go back to using Linux but the drivers are just bad for my series of card (390x).

Comment

Isn't the HTC/Valve Vive supposed to reveal their big technological break-through that pushed their release date to April?

Comment

obviously too many distros to many developers teams which causes operating fragmentation. However linux distros are still not ready.... KDE is going to the right path.

Comment

CES stopped being interesting a few years ago. Most of the big vendors throw their own infotainment conferences for the marketing conveyors formerly known as the press and they no longer bother with CES so it's mostly just second-rate wanna-bes, also-rans, and bloggers on a junket trip.

Comment

Endless will be there (http://endlessm.com/)

Full disclosure: I work for Endless - in fact, I was literally tabbing back/forth from between work email and Phoronix where we were talking about which version(s) will be on the hardware.
                The computer for the entire world. #WeAreEndless

Comment

Endless looks pretty nice, seems to be a bit better planned out than the intel compute stick and raspberry pi platforms for it's given purpose.

Comment

Not exciting? I'll be the judge of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X