GIMP Celebrates 20 Year Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
    You mean a Fork? While waiting for non destructive editing, I need CS6 with playonlinux.

Contrary to popular belief, there are image editors available for linux that aren't the gimp or Krita.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
      I hate to say it but that's one good looking desktop environment in the picture.
      Still rocking Gnome 2 myself (RedHat Enterprise Linux Workstation 6). Hopefully by the time I need to upgrade (2 - 3 years?), Mate will be the default on the latest RHEL

Comment

Long live the gimp :-)

Comment

New website, nice! at least one thing get update!

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post

That's called a fork. I love Gimp but still need CS6. Foremost the non destructive editing is needed since long.
            You can always melt your brain (and possibly your images) with DarkTable. I love that program for non-destructive editing but it is not intuitive.

Comment

has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread
              Last edited by balperi; 24 November 2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tajjada View Post
                So yeah ... GIMP still hasn't been ported to use the latest version of "the GIMP ToolKit". The irony...

These days, I like to think of GTK2 as being "The GIMP ToolKit", and GTK3 as being "The GNOME ToolKit". The name works either way.
                Gimp's development seems to have slowed down. The GPU accelerated stuff demands too much development resources and they haven't really published anything new for a long time.

Comment

16 or more bits per channel is what I look forward to. it should have been implemented a long time ago, especially since other programs have done it forever and it is a big reason that many photographers avoid GIMP.

Presently I use RawTherapee for most things. it is great RAW (and otherwise) image tool. it can be as simple or as comprehensive as you want it to be. very limited for raster editing, though.

I'd like to use DarkTable, but it is slower and less intuitive, eg you have to import photos rather than simply browsing the file system, and I can't figure out how to setup my own default processing profiles, if such a thing is even possible!

Comment

Working...
                  X