Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Partners Up With Microsoft In The Cloud

Phoronix: Red Hat Partners Up With Microsoft In The Cloud

Microsoft and Red Hat have jointly announced a partnership today to "deliver more flexibility and choice" in the cloud...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are we now going to see a similar shitstorm as when Novell and Microsoft had a patent-penis-length comparison and Microsoft ended up "buying" tons of SuSE Linux Enterprise licenses and promised not to sue SuSE/Novell? I somehow doubt it.

Comment

RHEL / OpenShift users may be concerned over "access to .NET technologies
      I laught so hard that I piss in pants! Who cares about .Net? RedHat users ofc! AHAHAHahhahaAHHA!!!

Comment

Having access to the .NET Framework on Linux is going to be awesome!

The .NET Framework is such a great framework. It is very modern and supports everything you expect such as as asynchronous operations. It is easy to learn, coherent and predictable. It is well-designed. The C# language is a great language with nice features such as type interference, object initiliazers, collection initializers, asynchronous methods, etc.

It is my belief that C# is the best computer programming language out there, and that the .NET Framework is the best framework.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

The .NET Framework is such a great framework. It is very modern and supports everything you expect such as as asynchronous operations. It is easy to learn, coherent and predictable. It is well-designed. The C# language is a great language with nice features such as type interference, object initiliazers, collection initializers, asynchronous methods, etc.

It is my belief that C# is the best computer programming language out there, and that the .NET Framework is the best framework.
          And once you want to get things done, you can code your applications in Go.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

This is coming strictly from a users perspective, I have limited experience with software built on .net, basically just Catalyst Control Center and it's absolutely horrible. It literally takes minutes to start. AMD recently claimed it only takes 8 seconds to start, but that's bullshit. The only way 8 seconds could possibly be true is if it was done on a very fast machine slimmed down as much as possible. It's just so stupidly unresponsive and I blame .net for that.

EDIT: The last thing anybody needs is more stupidly slow software.
            Last edited by duby229; 04 November 2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Hide yo files...

Comment

Originally posted by atari314
                As if anyone needed any more evidence that RedCrap is the cancer of Linux...

Without RedHat Linux would be only a shadow of what it is today - they invest heavily in many areas of the stack - just because you might not like what they're doing doesn't mean they're bad

This isn't really different from them offering Mono support - they must have customers that want to run .net on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

This is coming strictly from a users perspective, I have limited experience with software built on .net, basically just Catalyst Control Center and it's absolutely horrible. It literally takes minutes to start. AMD recently claimed it only takes 8 seconds to start, but that's bullshit. The only way 8 seconds could possibly be true is if it was done on a very fast machine slimmed down as much as possible. It's just so stupidly unresponsive and I blame .net for that.

EDIT: The last thing anybody needs is more stupidly slow software.
                  And why do you blame .NET for that?

Comment

Personally I blame .NET for the lack of compatiblity. I have to manage computers with 3 different versions because softwares were developped on different frameworks and do not work on anothers.

Comment

Working...
                    X