Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    You mean Overdrive?
    No, I mean coolbits (or coolbits 2). It's what used to come with NVIDIA's drivers back in the early-mid 2000s (and perhaps earlier).

Comment

You mean Coolbits as something which enable more options in the menu? Something that nVidia hide by default from average user?

I know that AMD hide a lot of internal options, i guess you want all those to be exposed to average user via GUI
      Last edited by dungeon; 04 November 2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Maybe Microsoft can teach the millions of open source developers how to hit a release date with a stable product

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
          Maybe Microsoft can teach the millions of open source developers how to hit a release date with a stable product
          Which millions of open source developers? open source nearly does not have that amount of users

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

how is this any different from others like java, python,...? for .Net, at most it would need recompile from developers to last one unless developers were morons who used some out of support and no source library that will be forever bound to particular version
            Java, not that different, yeah. Isn't C# the alternative to Java, F# to Scala, etc.?
            I find funny that people criticize Java/Oracle so much... yet, here we are, praising Microsoft for .NET. Both shitty, relatively slow languages that are bloated and tied to virtual machines. afaik, both languages share mostly the same stupid problems, .NET is also tied to a single OS... until recently.

>python
            I've seen programs that could be run with python 2 and 3 just fine.

Comment

Wishful thinking. MS and stability is something unachievable in this universe.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Which millions of open source developers? open source nearly does not have that amount of users
                He was talking about developers and I bet Kernel itself have more developers than entire Windows. When comes to the users of Open Source software MS can hide under the rock. Android is built on open source kernel and Android itself eats MS for breakfast when comes to number of users. Get the facts (tm) next time.
                Last edited by Guest; 05 November 2015, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Damacustas View Post
                  And why do you blame .NET for that?
                  Could you point me to the app written in C# which isn't slow? I can't name a single one.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05 November 2015, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

how is this any different from others like java, python,...?
                    The install time and the perpetual loooooooooongest updates ever (including the famous "applying updates" at startup).

Java generally works well across versions, .NET not at all.

Comment

Are you talking about Windows Vista?

Comment

Working...
                      X