Red Hat Partners Up With Microsoft In The Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    It's just so stupidly unresponsive and I blame .net for that.
    You really have that "I don't know shit, but I will just randomly accuse someone to be at fault" thing going for you, don't you? I remember that you pulled that same stunt with trying to blame DBUS for your problems when it was not clear to you at all if DBUS was actually the problem. Your pattern always seems to be "I pick the one most Phoronix members will likely blame and tell people I am against it, despite knowing shit about the topic".

Comment

Originally posted by Damacustas View Post
      And why do you blame .NET for that?
      Like I said, strictly a users perspective. CCC wasn't always a .net app and it was perfectly fine before it got ported to .net and then after it was ported is when it became horrible. The thing is it's been known for years that it's horrible. What else can be blamed except for the one thing that caused it?

Comment

Originally posted by atari314
        As if anyone needed any more evidence that RedCrap is the cancer of Linux...
        after reading this statement, i really hope you manually purge every single redhat contribution from your system. otherwise, based on how much they contribute you're a moron even when grouped with certified idiots

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
          And once you want to get things done, you can code your applications in Go.
          .NET is way much more mature than Go.
          Much more comphrensive standard library.
          Much more third-party libraries and frameworks available.

Comment

This is coming strictly from a users perspective, I have limited experience with software built on .net, basically just Catalyst Control Center and it's absolutely horrible. It literally takes minutes to start. AMD recently claimed it only takes 8 seconds to start, but that's bullshit. The only way 8 seconds could possibly be true is if it was done on a very fast machine slimmed down as much as possible. It's just so stupidly unresponsive and I blame .net for that.

EDIT: The last thing anybody needs is more stupidly slow software.
            Yes, Catalyst Control Center is absolute shit!
            But you can't blame that on the .NET Framework. It is possible to write shit in any programming language.
            Blame the developers, not the tools

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

.NET is way much more mature than Go.
              Much more comphrensive standard library.
              Much more third-party libraries and frameworks available.
              Do any of those libraries work on Linux or is that just a theoretical advantage?

More importantly, does this mean Red Hat will cease to exist like every other partner Microsoft had in the past?

Comment

Why would RHEL/OpenShift users be concerned that they'll get .NET? .NET is probably the best product ever to come out of Microsoft and it's now open source as well, so why not?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                  You really have that "I don't know shit, but I will just randomly accuse someone to be at fault" thing going for you, don't you? I remember that you pulled that same stunt with trying to blame DBUS for your problems when it was not clear to you at all if DBUS was actually the problem. Your pattern always seems to be "I pick the one most Phoronix members will likely blame and tell people I am against it, despite knowing shit about the topic".
                  I'm sorry to hear that you misunderstand me so badly.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you misunderstand me so badly.
                    This is no misunderstanding, this is your usual way, talking out of your ass, only that this time you actually have admitted that you have no clue what you have been talking about.

Comment

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Comment

Working...
                      X