Alter the first-run behavior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alter the first-run behavior?

I am creating my master phonemic node and client node images using Vagrant with a provisioner for config management. When Phoronix starts the first time it asks some questions and creates the ~/.phoronix-test-suite directory and resulting configs. Since I am using a provisioner (currently Puppet) that creates the user-config.xml file from a template, is there a way to skip this behavior on first-run and just create the directory tree? Alternately is there an option for supplying a user-config.xml file instead?

I am having issues scripting around the interactive Q and A session that begins the first time you run phoronix-test-suite.

Thanks.

Originally posted by spyderdyne View Post
    I am creating my master phonemic node and client node images using Vagrant with a provisioner for config management. When Phoronix starts the first time it asks some questions and creates the ~/.phoronix-test-suite directory and resulting configs. Since I am using a provisioner (currently Puppet) that creates the user-config.xml file from a template, is there a way to skip this behavior on first-run and just create the directory tree? Alternately is there an option for supplying a user-config.xml file instead?

I am having issues scripting around the interactive Q and A session that begins the first time you run phoronix-test-suite.

Thanks.
    There's many different ways to handle it, but the easiest would be to just configure a system how you want it and copy around the user-config.xml and core.pt2so file from the same directory.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This works but it isnt pretty (in Puppet):

exec { 'phoronix-first-run': command => 'echo "y n n" | phoronix-test-suite', path => '/bin/:/usr/bin/', require => Package['phoronix-test-suite'], } where
      echo "y n n" | phoronix-test-suite ...is the BASH expression to answer the questions on first-run. The questions are:

Do you agree to these terms and wish to proceed (Y/n): y
      Enable anonymous usage / statistics reporting (Y/n): n
      Enable anonymous statistical reporting of installed software / hardware (Y/n): n

Simply set them to "y y y" to accept and report all to public.

Since I am creating automations to allow the general public to build images and have them configured on the fly I have gone to great lengths to keep it light and made sure not to create "golden images" that have to be uploaded and downloaded over and over again. I am hoping to get PTS accepted in our cloud scale and benchmark testing so we can start adding our hardware line and cloud platform benchmarks to the pool so everyone can see how awesome we are...

Thanks.
      Last edited by spyderdyne; 27 October 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spyderdyne View Post
        I am hoping to get PTS accepted in our cloud scale and benchmark testing so we can start adding our hardware line and cloud platform benchmarks to the pool so everyone can see how awesome we are...

Thanks.
        Neat, what company is this for?
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Cisco

Comment

Working...
          X