Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Longtime Linux Developer Looks To Distance Himself From The Kernel Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
    Very-stupid-post-goes-here
    Oh yes, not liking the left of today TOTALLY means you don't like the left of the past that was run by completely different people. On the other hand this kind of "My movement was right in the past to it cannot be wrong today despite being run by completely different people"-thinking seems to have become quite common among people on the political left if my experiences are anything to go by.

Not too long ago I remember having an argument with a radical feminist who kept going on about how I was "On the wrong side of history" and "The same as those people who fought the women's suffrage movement" simply because I stated that I think men and women should be paid exactly the same for the same work. Apparently women this was sexist and unfair to women and as a result women should be paid more than men for the same work.

Thou it's not the first time I've encountered this kind of "Equal Treatment Is Sexism"-thinking. I remember not too long ago how feminists attacked the idea of meritocracy (i.e being judged on your skills and experience and not anything else) to such an extent that GitHub had to remove their "In Meritocracy We Trust" carpet from their faux oval office and replace it with a carpet that read "In Collaboration We Trust". It's almost as if the modern left/feminist movement seems to have taken "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength" as their guiding principle.
    Last edited by L_A_G; 06 October 2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Even this is not so correct. Hitler was a copy cat of bolshevism. It means left.
      It seems that you missed your history class as many people in the US sadly...Hitler has nothing to do with left, bolshevism neither by the way, left and right are concepts that exist in democracy. They no longer remain besides this regime.

By the way, the left/right concept does not apply to the US as you have only two political parties, both on what we call in Europe the right side.

Most of the good things came from the right side. However, If you claim something prove it.
      You may apply that to yourself.

But I'm not sure that phoenix forum is a good place for such discussion, though.

Comment

Originally posted by adakite View Post

It seems that you missed your history class as many people in the US sadly...Hitler has nothing to do with left, bolshevism neither by the way, left and right are concepts that exist in democracy. They no longer remain besides this regime.

By the way, the left/right concept does not apply to the US as you have only two political parties, both on what we call in Europe the right side.

You may apply that to yourself.

But I'm not sure that phoenix forum is a good place for such discussion, though.
        I'm sorry, how many European countries have gay marriage legalized, legalized marijuana, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post

I'm sorry, how many European countries have gay marriage legalized, legalized marijuana, etc?
          Free healthcare and education available to everyone?
          Signing off now, this is going very off topic...

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
            One developer could come up with NetLinux, another with OpenLinux, and another with FreeLinux... or something LizardWingsLinux (whatever you want!).... err... wait a minute...

And you know, the BSD guys seem to all be getting along okay.

Also

A lot of you are getting confused with the different lefts and rights.
            Last edited by profoundWHALE; 06 October 2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

Also

That would be because there's no standard global agreed upon left vs right, and the concepts for left vs right do not cleanly map to each other when going between two countries, due to political views not being a line or even a square, but an n-dimensional object. including such factors as:
              • Conservatism vs Progressivism, which is to say preference for how the government is vs preference for change.
              • Classical Liberalism vs Theocracy, which is to say view on the role of the state cult, whether you believe that everyone should be free to do as they please, or whether you believe that government should dictate morality
              • Free Market vs Command Economy
              • Pro-Immigration vs Nativist
              • Interventionist vs Isolationist
              • Protectionist vs FreeTrade,
              • Collectivism vs Individualism

etc...

In the US the Left vs Right line originates from the political alliances that formed the battle of the Monarchists and Nationalists of the Puritain north against the those pushing Republicanism and Confederalism in the Baptist South, creating the left and right respectively.

This misunderstanding of how things work also creates the perfect example of the Dunning-Krueger effect known as Horseshoe Theory, which only really exists because a lot of people can't see politics as more than a line.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

That would be because there's no standard global agreed upon left vs right, and the concepts for left vs right do not cleanly map to each other when going between two countries, due to political views not being a line or even a square, but an n-dimensional object. including such factors as:

[snip]

This misunderstanding of how things work also creates the perfect example of the Dunning-Krueger effect known as Horseshoe Theory, which only really exists because a lot of people can't see politics as more than a line.
                I agree.

Comment

The US Constitution is a Liberal Secular Document. If any fellow American thinks it's a bastion of Conservatism, they're a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

Also

Ah. The Infamous US Libertarian Chart of Politics. A 2 x 2 matrix. The bastion of simpletonism.

Comment

Who honestly didn't see this coming? I sure did, in fact I'm surprised it took so long. Good riddence, we don't need more people thinking their way is the only way.

Comment

Working...
                      X